Stayed for seven nights with my wife concluding on 2/15/13. Had a third floor corner suite at south end of property (exactly as requested).
View from room(s) and balcony were wonderful.
Staff were all fantastic (Lianne at front desk ...... superb)!
Received what I asked for ....... gulfview suite, corner room, upper floor, quiet end of property.
The not so good:
Room very worn and outdated. Drawers no longer secured to slides hanging from bureau, sagging sofa, etc.
Received what I asked for ...... the quiet end of property had a maintenance truck running almost our entire stay just below our balcony.
All this being said, it's difficult to ruin a vacation for us, but ........... as difficult as it is in the short term to turn down income, I strongly urge management to take a room or two at a time and invest even a few thousand dollars per to perform at least a little cosmetic updating. If one loses customers in the long term, the short term income is a poor investment.
So .......... overpriced (unless that's what the view is worth to you). Outdated and furnishings in various states of disrepair. But ..... an awesome staff.
With all the options available, I won't be returning unless I know substantial renovation has taken place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No other hotel offers a Florida Keys vacation experience quite like the Hilton Key Largo. This pristine, 13-acre resort sits on the best private beach in the upper Keys — and while it’s only an hour from Miami, you’ll feel worlds away, thanks to the sparkling white sand, lush tropical greenery and exciting outdoor activities.Guests at the Hilton Key Largo can enjoy as much excitement or relaxation as they like. Activities include world-class fishing and water sports, jet skis, wave runners, and para sailing. Nearby attractions include Dolphin Cove and the John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park, which is home to the only live coral reef in the continental United States. Kids love the hotel’s Scout About children’s program, and the whole family can enjoy the two heated swimming pools, fitness center and lighted tennis courts. Of course, there’s nothing wrong with spending hours just relaxing on the gorgeous beach and swimming in the crystal clear waters of the Gulf of Mexico. Or enjoying quiet moments in the handsomely appointed guest rooms, each of which is graced with a private balcony — opt for a water-view room and you’ll have a front-row seat for Key Largo’s spectacular sunsets. This is paradise, made easy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Key Largo Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Key Largo Hotel Key Largo
- Hilton Hotels Key Largo
- Hilton Hotel Key Largo
- Key Largo Grande Resort Beach Club