This was not a fun trip, we were burying a family member. But the accommodations were lovely. The rom was clean, the bed was comfortable the first night. I found I was getting a bad backache by the second night. Housekeeping was great-we had accidentally broken a glass on the tile floor, and she came in and swept and vacuumed until she was positive that no glass shard would dare show its face. Our room overlooked a canopy of trees and the screened in patio was very nice.
That being said, it was noisy. Foot traffic in front of our door, lots of talking, every time the sliding glass door opened upstairs, we thought it was thunder until we got used to it. There was no cell phone service in the rooms. That was frustrating. Parking was about $12 a day, and if you wanted wi-fi in the room, it was the same cost, so the room was actually $25 more per day if you got wi-fi. We had a Living Social or Groupon coupon which helped with cost.
We had the breakfast bar, which was kind of pricey. But the food was good, although they do not know how to make a soft omelet. My fruit had a taste of onion both mornings. I sent it back the second day, because even my husband agreed it had onion taste in it. I receives some fresh cut fruit instead and it was good.
The grounds are gorgeous. We were able to take advantage of the nature walk and sat on the dock for a while enjoying the view.
If we ever return, and it is a big possibility we will, we will try for a third floor corner room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No other hotel offers a Florida Keys vacation experience quite like the Hilton Key Largo. This pristine, 13-acre resort sits on the best private beach in the upper Keys — and while it’s only an hour from Miami, you’ll feel worlds away, thanks to the sparkling white sand, lush tropical greenery and exciting outdoor activities.Guests at the Hilton Key Largo can enjoy as much excitement or relaxation as they like. Activities include world-class fishing and water sports, jet skis, wave runners, and para sailing. Nearby attractions include Dolphin Cove and the John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park, which is home to the only live coral reef in the continental United States. Kids love the hotel’s Scout About children’s program, and the whole family can enjoy the two heated swimming pools, fitness center and lighted tennis courts. Of course, there’s nothing wrong with spending hours just relaxing on the gorgeous beach and swimming in the crystal clear waters of the Gulf of Mexico. Or enjoying quiet moments in the handsomely appointed guest rooms, each of which is graced with a private balcony — opt for a water-view room and you’ll have a front-row seat for Key Largo’s spectacular sunsets. This is paradise, made easy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Key Largo Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Key Largo Hotel Key Largo
- Hilton Hotels Key Largo
- Hilton Hotel Key Largo
- Key Largo Grande Resort Beach Club