“Nice place to stay”

Hilton Key Largo Resort
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Key Largo
Reviewed October 19, 2012

This was not a fun trip, we were burying a family member. But the accommodations were lovely. The rom was clean, the bed was comfortable the first night. I found I was getting a bad backache by the second night. Housekeeping was great-we had accidentally broken a glass on the tile floor, and she came in and swept and vacuumed until she was positive that no glass shard would dare show its face. Our room overlooked a canopy of trees and the screened in patio was very nice.

That being said, it was noisy. Foot traffic in front of our door, lots of talking, every time the sliding glass door opened upstairs, we thought it was thunder until we got used to it. There was no cell phone service in the rooms. That was frustrating. Parking was about $12 a day, and if you wanted wi-fi in the room, it was the same cost, so the room was actually $25 more per day if you got wi-fi. We had a Living Social or Groupon coupon which helped with cost.

We had the breakfast bar, which was kind of pricey. But the food was good, although they do not know how to make a soft omelet. My fruit had a taste of onion both mornings. I sent it back the second day, because even my husband agreed it had onion taste in it. I receives some fresh cut fruit instead and it was good.

The grounds are gorgeous. We were able to take advantage of the nature walk and sat on the dock for a while enjoying the view.

If we ever return, and it is a big possibility we will, we will try for a third floor corner room.

Room Tip: Get a third floor canopy room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Russ C, Manager at Hilton Key Largo Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Dear Susandscully,

Thank you very much for your recent feedback. We are so sorry to hear the circumstances with which brought you to our property but are glad that we could provide you clean, comfortable accommodations for your visit. We appreciate your feedback regarding the fees and those are something we are currently reviewing with our ownership and management.

Once again your feedback is very much appreciated and we do hope that you will be back again and please do request that third floor corner room like you want!

Best Travels,
Director of Rooms

Write a ReviewReviews (3,946)

Reviewed October 18, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Hilton Key Largo Resort , we celebrated my birthday and our wedding anniversary . We had a great time .I cant't imagine that anywone would have anything bad to say about this hotel, it was a perfect location for people of all ages, we really enjoyed going to the beach/pool , we had a view which was breathtaking, We sat on our balcony every night and watchend the sun set with the trees swaying.All the staff members we met were friendly and welcoming.
Special thank for Guest Relation Manager Mr. Stephan Brower for everthing , from our beautiful room , all the recomandations and even the bottle of water for the road when we left, such a great touch.. Thank- you Stephan for making our anniversary and my birthday such a special time .

Ana and Gino
Boca Raton
Florida

Room Tip: high floor
2  Thank Ana33433
Russ C, Manager at Hilton Key Largo Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Dear Ana and Gino,

Thank you so much for your recent feedback and sharing such a special occasion with our hotel. We are so happy that you had a great birthday and anniversary and that our staff and hotel was a part of it. Your kind feedback about Stephen has been shared with him and we too agree he is a fantastic part of our team here.

We hope to see you back down from Boca again soon!

Best,

Reviewed October 18, 2012

What a great experience. We planned our wedding from Texas and had people traveling from all over the country to meet up at this resort. It was great that they had different room types to fit within the different budgets of our family and friends. I will say those who didn't book room at least facing the ocean or even better with a water view were wishing they had spent the extra money. The sunsets are amazing from your balcony! Tiki bar was a blast to hang out at during the day (ask Jesse the bartender to make you a frozen key lime pie cocktail!) but I also really loved how the south side of the property has quieter areas that are a little more secluded.
The wedding was on the Hammock Beach with the reception in the Bayview Ballroom. Wendy our coodinator couldn't have been more amazing and attentive. She had tons of fun ideas and made me super comfortable to let her take over and run my day while I sat back and relaxed with my friends and family. The food at our reception was amazing and the staff made us all feel so special. I even got to know the bellmen by the end of our stay they were so friendly. Kim was our rooms coordinator and worked tirelessly to make sure all of the rooms our guests needed were taken care of and correct.
In the end I would say this is a perfect place for a destination wedding. Enough activities for adults and kids to keep everyone happy and entertained the whole time they were there but also nice and quiet at night. The fire on the beach with smores and a guy playing guitar was a perfect way to spend a friday night. The kids loved it!

Room Tip: Pay the extra money for room with a view of the water. All of our guests who didn't wished they...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Dear Abby7doc,

We are so excited for you and are so happy that our resort could be such an important part in such an important life event for you! We are glad that our team worked tirelessly to make sure that every part of your stay and event went off without a hitch. Thank you so much for your great feedback about our team Wendy, Jesse, and Kim, they all appreciate your kind words very much!

We can only hope that we might see you back in a year for that special 1 year anniversary weekend (hint hint).

Congratulations again from all of us!

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Hi thanks for a nice stay.we stayed in Orlando in a villa but wish we booked this hotel for longer Loved it there nice location .
Lovely clean rooms. Beds were fabbbbbbb . Coffee Machine fridge lovley and spotless clean. Shower n bath spotless clean. Really enjoyed it here
Disabled acess great and friendly .
Really enjoyed the water sports thanks we had so much fun .Donna and mike you made our day thank you soo much they are very nice
People who told us a lot about the keys there. Wish you was here !!
The lady gave out ice lollys what was a nice touch. Thank you lady.
The beach was beuituful and clean.
I would stay again
Hope you drop the parking charges please. And you could include a light breakfast.. But overall I would give you 100^% take no notice of the neg feedback I can be hard to please.
Thank you will see you again but for a 1 week stay . Loved the water view .
Angela & Anthony and daughter Manchester uk x

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear Angela and Anthony,

Thank you so much for your recent feedback. Your kind words about your experience are awesome and we are so glad that we were able to meet all of your expectations for a clean, relaxing, and comfortable stay with our resort.

We work hard to provide those types of experiences for everyone and are very glad we were able to do it for you!

We hope the next time you are back in the US from the UK that you will stop by and visit us again!

Best Regards,

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I am a Hilton Diamond member (for many years). I traveled to this hotel for a 1 day get away, and could not get online. The internet service is very poor, and no one at the resort was able to help me and I was treated rudely by the front desk and operator staff. Frustrated, and having important business matters to attend to amidst my "getaway", I checked out. The hotel was gracious enough to recredit my points and not charge me for parking (thanks). The points are not back after 2 weeks. The hotel representative Lisa Boles says they should be credited right away and to call the Diamond Desk. The Diamond Desk says they only make reservations and cannot help, then transfer me to "Guest Assistance" and they tell me it will take 30 days. That is crazy. The representative from Guest Assistance (D'Andrea Callahan) will not answer my e-mails. I think this is a very poor way to treat customers. I will not stay in this facility ever again.

Room Tip: Make sure you have internet if you need it. If you check in late, you will be stuck with the one yo...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Russ C, Manager at Hilton Key Largo Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2012

Dear Craig K,

Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your one night stay. We are sorry for the experience you had both on our property and that you are having with our Guest Assistance department. A member of our Guest Assistance Team will be contacting you shortly to rectify the situation. Please have your HHonors number and the confirmation number of your stay ready when we do so. I am glad that we were able to rectify the situation by giving you your points back but am sorry if it was communicated incorrectly the amount of time that it would take to return those points. We are so sorry for this confusion and we assure you we will work to correct it as well as all of the issues you mentioned in your review.

We truly appreciate you as a Diamond member very much and do thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay.

Best Travels,

Reviewed October 15, 2012

My husband and I were married here one year ago and this weekend we cashed in on our free night's stay. It was so nice to be back without all the stress of the wedding. We were able to enjoy sitting by the beach and walking down the many trails. We didn't get the big suite like last time, but our canapy view was very nice and we got to spend some time out on our balcony overlooking the water. I look forward to coming back here each year on our anniversary!

Room Tip: If you get a room on the North side, you'll be closer to the music and action. If you want a mo...
1  Thank BecSan
Russ C, Manager at Hilton Key Largo Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear Bex0114,

Thank you so much for your recent feedback! We are so excited you were back to celebrate your 1 year anniversary with us and we can't wait to celebrate each year with you going forward. Those anniversaries are to be cherished and we are so glad we get to be a part of it, thank you!

Once again thank you for your feedback and staying with us a agin and we look forward to seeing you next year!

Best,

Reviewed October 14, 2012

I stay at Hilton's across the country and save my points to take a family vacation.
Picked this "resort" and was very disappointed.

Honestly not a cut above the rest of Hilton's, but maybe a cut below.
The place was actually kind of old looking, rooms and grounds need updating.
They also need to get a few cats to keep e rodents in check both just outside my room and near the pool area.
I also concur about the dampness and musty smell of the room.
The room also had areas that were rusting around the doors

Staff was great though especially at the front desk, went out of their way to get us checked in and made minor adjustments seem simple

Room Tip: We had an upgraded room but it was on the first floor, maybe higher floors would be nicer
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jwilltellu

Dear Jim H,

Thank you very much for your honest feedback. We utilize guest reviews to assess insights within our hotel operations and I have reviewed your feedback with the hotel team and we are now actively taking steps to freshen our guest rooms and other areas. The maintenance team will also be investigating the dampness issue you mentioned. Your positive feedback regarding our staff and service is definitely a bright spot and one we will celebrate with our staff especially the front desk.

I appreciate your time in reviewing our hotel and hope you will return to see our improvements.

Best Regards,