“I will go back again and again”
Review of Ocean Divers

Ocean Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: Ocean Divers is a scuba diving, snorkeling and water sport destination in Key Largo. Our boats leave the docks of the Marriott Key Largo to visit the reefs and wrecks of Key Largo. Come rent stand-up paddleboards, waverunners, kayaks. Come do an eco tour or a sunset cruise! Fly high above Key Largo parasailing and get a 20 mile view. Seize the deep!
Reviewed February 23, 2011

OD was recommended by our local dive shop and we were not disappointed. We did a a dive and lodging package, staying at the Marina Del Mar and this is the way to go. Our room was steps from the boat, which allowed us to go back to our room between morning and afternoon trips. The rooms at the marina were basic and a bit dated, but perfect for our purposes. The people at OD were all fantastic -- very helpful and enthusiastic. We did 8 dives, including a 2 dive specialty with Adrian, who was very thorough and patient. We hope to do more training with him in the future. The office staff -- Connie, Louis and Joe -- were all very helpful and top-notch, as were DMs Marcus and Mike. Cap'n Jim was very safety conscious. Both boats are loaded with safety equipment. Only two small nits. One is that one boat carries aluminum tanks and the other steel, so switching back and forth makes buoancy interesting. Also, one of the boats has a bungy system for securing the tanks (actually very common, but I hate them) and we saw a number of tanks topple because people are not securing them properly. I'd hate to lose a toe to this and would prefer to see an upgraded system next time.

In sum, I highly recommend OD -- I won't go anywhere else in Key Largo. I'm already dreaming of next time.

2  Thank tmac23

Reviewed January 3, 2011

Did a six day certification dive program with ocean divers. They were the most organized helpful team I've ever worked with. Rentals, boat ride, boat crew and helpers, everything was top quality. Must check this place out!

2  Thank Lexplorer
Reviewed August 27, 2010

After almost 30 years, I returned to Key Largo and dove last week with OD with my daughter on her second open water dive. We made 6 dives in 2 days on the shallow water reefs (25-35 feet) off Key Largo. The shop is located next to the Marina Del Mar and Holiday Inns. The staff at OD were great, and very helpful from the call to inquire, through the last dive. Rental gear was in good shape. Boats were comfortable, and full of divers, but roomy enough to allow you to avoid feeling crowded. Dive Masters and captains provided careful safety instructions and helpful dive plans for each site. The captain took us to another area of Molasses Reef the second afternoon to avoid having us dive the same location as the day prior. We dove on 6 reefs with completely different coral formations. The reefs themselves were teaming with fish and healthy reef coral to see in the beautiful, warm water with 40-50 feet of visibility. I will return for a dive with OD in the near future.

2  Thank bigdumbandugly
Reviewed August 1, 2010

We vacationed in Miami Florida and before we went I was lokking for diving excursions for my husband and Thank Goodness I found Ocean Divers. These guys are awesome. I had a million questions before we left on our vacation so I emailed them, and they responded immdeiately and answered all my questions. I was snorkeling and my hubby was divinig. We both had a blast. There was another diver who needed a partner, and him and my hubby teamed up. He was from Scotland and the two of them had a blast. Divers have there own communication and they worked great together. I was snorkeling, along with about 6 other people, and the dive masters on the boat where great about keeping track of me, and everyone on the boat. Being that I was kind of a solo snorkeler, they made sure I was safe. They were on the back of the boat watching us the whole time. When we started out they were very reassuring that safety was their first priority. They did role call before and after every dive stop. I was concerned about this because I'd never snorkeled in the ocean, but these GREAT bunch of guys, put my fears to rest. The views of the reef and all the wildlife was amazing. I was in the middle of a bunch of Sargeant Majors, they are little yellow and white striped fish, and very friendly. It was so cool! My husband saw a bunch of stuff diving. As soon as we get our underwater pictures developed I'll post them. I highly recommend the Ocean Divers. My only regret is that I didn't write down the guys names. But they ROCK! Loved this adventure! Thank You Ocean Divers! Keep up the great work! Sue and Frank

2  Thank sspagnuolo
Reviewed July 22, 2010

We did not originally plan on using Ocean Divers due to Trip Advisor's reviews. We were originally signed up to do 2 dive trips with another company. This company did not go out due to Tropical Storm Bonnie brewing up the water. Ocean Diver's went out b/c they have a large enough boat to handle the waves. We had 2 amazing dives on Molasses Reef. The captain (Mike) was great and so was the Dive Master (Shawn). We only had 11 divers on our boat so the boat felt big and roomy. They told us that they have not been filling up to capacity on their boats all year. We had a great experience with them and we will be using them again for future dives :)

2  Thank lovwdw