“Third Trip with Ocean Divers”
Review of Ocean Divers

Ocean Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: Ocean Divers is a scuba diving, snorkeling and water sport destination in Key Largo. Our boats leave the docks of the Marriott Key Largo to visit the reefs and wrecks of Key Largo. Come rent stand-up paddleboards, waverunners, kayaks. Come do an eco tour or a sunset cruise! Fly high above Key Largo parasailing and get a 20 mile view. Seize the deep!
California
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Third Trip with Ocean Divers”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We love the easy and picturesque reef diving of the Florida Keys. We return to Ocean Divers as they have nice boats, convenient location, and nice staff.

Visited September 2013

Carlisle, PA
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great diving experience!”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

My local instructor and SCUBA shop, Diana Halenz of West Shore Scuba, partnered with Ocean Divers for my 3 children and me to do 4 open water PADI certification dives. We had a great experience with the instructor (Steve Burner) and the boat staff, both days. They were very helpful (and patient) in regards to our completing our drills and requirements. I felt confident and safe. I thought they were both professional and fun, and very aware of safety issues. They were helpful with the heavy equipment! We rented 4 BCD's and 4 regulators and they were all great. Looking forward to repeat visit!

Visited October 2013
Fayetteville, Georgia, USA
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Review of the dive center and crew, not the dive site”
Reviewed October 13, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The center is in a convenient location and there are restrooms (no showers) available. The staff in the shop were friendly. The crew on the boat however were not very helpful and were even a little rude to me one particular time. I have dove with other centers in the area that were better, but these guys were about average even though they were a bit more expensive.

Visited October 2013
Hudson Valley NY
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Ocean Divers & Recreational Rebreathers”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

This is my third time diving with Ocean Divers, so I knew I could expect great service, professionally run dive boats and most importantly FUN!
This time I took the PADI Rebreather/ Advanced Rebreather class and purchased a Poseidon M6. This was one of the best classes I have ever taken for scuba. My instructor, Shawn Robotka, gave a great class, presenting the material in a clear and complete manner. Every part of the course, from the classroom to the pool and the ocean was conducted in a safe and professional manner. It was also great fun.
Joe did a great job helping me purchase my new rebreather, making sure that I had everything I needed and got it at a fair price. All of the staff members are friendly, helpful and professional; ensuring that you’re diving is both fun and safe.
If you have not yet tried a rebreather, Ocean Divers is a great place to start. You don’t have to shell out big bucks to buy one; they will rent you a rebreather so that you can take the class and then decide if it is for you.
Jeffrey Haines (NAUI Instructor # 52075)

Visited September 2013
1 Thank AquaShot
Shelby Twp, MI
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Ocean Divers - PADI Rescue Course”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Back again at Ocean Divers (OD) for more training! Was last there Aug 2012 with my son for more PADI training. (Deep & Wreck) This time was solo and took the PADI rescue course (Sept 6-9).

First about OD. As expected they had a few changes in Dive Masters. Two new faces and some old friends. Level of skill and professionalism was top notch, as expected. Captains were the same and did a great job. These guys really know that area well and take great care over diver safety. EAN tank rental was improved with new O2 analyzer and pressure gauge all in one connection. Check in was again simple and easy.

So on to the rescue course. Instructor was Shaun Robotka. His opening statement was he is not there to be my friend, but make sure I learn everything required by PADI and above that have the skills to improve the potential outcome of a rescue situation. In simple terms, PDAI's requirements were just the baseline, he made sure the skills were there. Working with Shaun was Dalton as the "victim" for training exercises.

While I could go into great detail, I will keep it short. Shaun was fantastic. It was by the book training, with adaptation to my learning style and speed. Showing up having read the PADI manual, taken the quizzes, and watched the DVD, we did it all in class anyway. Even making sure I could perform EFR, CPR, AED, and O2 provider. Talk about being thorough!

Pool trainnig was tough. Not in the sense difficult tasks, but making sure each lesson was done properly; each and every time. If I had questions Shaun would stop, explain, and repeat if needed. It is a long day, so be prepared.

Open water dives. Where the training is put to the test. Shaun made this as real world as possible. From a panicked diver on the surface, to a missing diver, to unresponsive diver at depth and then brought to the surface. Even throwing in a second victim at one point. What he taught in class and built upon in the pool was all brought together seamlessly in the OW portion.

To everyone who reads this let me make a few points. Shaun has a military background. His style shows that. This matched with me, so we worked very well together. Was he barking orders, NO! But he did expect that each and every step was done correctly and in the right order. And he did that in a positive manner. Second is you had better be in good physical condition. If you think because you go to the gym or run marathons you are in shape, think again. There are a lot of muscle groups you don't even realize you need for this. Third, come prepared. I did all my book work up front and watched the DVD several times. Have all the pre-requisite training done. This is just as much a mental exercise as physical. Lastly, have fun! Yes it is a challenge, yet if you are not having some fun, then it will seem that much harder.

Again Ocean Divers exceeded my expectations! If you ever want more PADI training, they are the place to go in the Keys!

Guys I will see you in thte sprong of 2014 for more training.

Visited August 2013