“The best way to experience nature in the Keys”
Review of EcoKeys

EcoKeys
Ranked #85 of 124 Tours in Key Largo
More attraction details
Owner description: We are an adventure ecotourism agency that provides a way for you to participate in a variety of activities that not only make for a memorable vacation, but also give you an opportunity to observe, learn about, and actively help in the preservation of the majestic Florida Keys. Our ecotours include SCUBA, snorkel, kayak, dolphin encounters, sail and Everglades trips -- all with an ecoconscious twist.
Reviewed March 1, 2013

My wife and I did the 1/2 day kayak/snorkeling tour. Snorkeling in the mangroves is a great experience. Our guide was knowledgable and enthusiastic and offered ane excellent primer on the mangroves and sea grass beds. If you are a nature lover visiting Key Largo you must book a trip with Ecokeys!

1  Thank njnaturalist

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Only one word for this trip, FANTASTIC. We booked the everglade tour with Eco Key and have to say it is the only way to see the everglades! Our guide not only was a Mastered biologist, but you could feel his love his work. Kayaked in to fresh water mangroves, hiking knee deep into cypress domes and kayaked in to salt water area that I am sure that few people would think to go. Guide always pointing out various types of birds, fish and plants.

Reviewed April 29, 2012

I deeply apologize to Sarah for my belated review. With the impressive time that I had, this should have been written the day that I returned. On the plus, my time was SO memorable that I am still excited a year later.

I discovered Go Ecokeys trying to book a sailing excursion in the Keys for my birthday. The prices were insane until their website popped up. For a fraction of the cost of an afternoon boating adventure, the Eco-Discovery package offered a sunset sail on a real vessel, diving, kayaking and a tour of the Everglades. The rate was so reasonable I had doubts about the quality of the experience. Go Ecokeys was top-notch.

Essentially, Go Ecokeys provides an eco-guide during the kayak and diving, then books the sailing and everglades tour with top-notch operators. This saves you the trouble of wasting money on a crappy trip. Sarah was my eco-guide and she was phenomenal. She provided the opportunity to really experience the ocean and environment from an explorer point of view. We kayaked across open water to a secluded mangrove where I learned about the plants and sealife. She collected sea critters that I never noticed when I snorkel. Sitting on the kayaks in the water I had my own personal touch and learn. I held a jellyfish!

The dive was also exceptional. I am largely unimpressed with the reefs in Florida, but this one was exquisite. I believe the difference was being involved. Drifting past reefs you miss so much. Well, having to hold positing to measure the corals allows time to see so much more. I surfaced having truly seen the reef and feeling good about contributing to continued health.

This is a must for anyone at any age! GO ECOKEYS!

Reviewed January 3, 2012

If you want to experience the the spectacular coral reef off Key Largo, book a trip through Eco Keys. The marine biologists who run Eco Keys have put together great ways to experience the natural beauty of this unique reef, and do it in an environmentally responsible way. We had a wonderful half day -we sailed out to the reef in a beautiful sail boat and snorkeled for over an hour. The captain picked a place where few tour boats go, so we had the reef almost to ourselves. Saw fantastic fish, coral, plants, a giant hermit crab and possibly even a turtle! The experience of going out under sail power is so peaceful and quiet. We had the boat all to ourselves, a neat experience. Soft drinks and water were provided, and the was a cooler for food if you want to bring something else. We did rent wet suits (it was December), and were glad we did. Quite a different experience from the larger tour boats. Eco Keys is a friendly, customer oriented operation, great to work with. We would love to go again and highly recommend them. Know there's a sunset sail, I bet that is spectacular.

1  Thank SummerfieldTraveler
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Sarah set us up with an evening "Sunset Kayak Tour" and we had a blast. We went with a total of 12 people (6 adults, 6 teenagers). We arrived at the launch site and everything was ready. We took off after some preparation and everything went as planned. Sarah, our guide, was EXTREMELY well-educated on the surroundings and her marine biology experience enabled her to teach us all some things we didn't know. She is very passionate about the Keys and her knowledge is excellent! And in the end, most of all, we had fun! I would highly recommend EcoKeys to anyone who was interested!