“Characterful restaurant away from the main drag”

Shipwreck's Bar and Grill
Ranked #21 of 137 Restaurants in Key Largo
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Key Largo's Hidden Treasure! And the locals would like to keep it that way. Shipwrecks is located off the beaten path, on a deep water canal, on the ocean side. Come enjoy great food, good prices, and friendly staff in a relaxed atmosphere. Happy hour is everyday 4-6 pm when beer starts at $1. Seating is available inside, outside, or under the tiki. Locals, tourists, bikers, families, divers, and all other friendly people welcome!
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

We received a very friendly welcome and good service. The restaurant is hidden away but worth travelling to a it is in a quiet attractive location away from the busy main road. The place has a lot more charm than some of the more glitzy establishments on the overseas highway. I noticed it was patronised by some local boat owners.
Calamari starters were very good. Main course burger was nice, but had too much garlic for my taste.
All in all very good and would return.

There are newer reviews for Shipwreck's Bar and Grill

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We wanted one last seafood meal on our way off the "islands". Tripadvisor (well you) directed us to a hole in the wall that was a jewel. We had dinner at Shipwreck on Tuesday night. The specials were grilled Mahi Tacos and the blackened Yellowtail Snapper with a mango sauce. They were both fantastic. We were too full to get the Key Lime Pie that everyone raved about...maybe next trip to Key Largo we will save room for the pie.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

This place was awesome! Hidden in behind a marina in Key Largo and was a little hard to find but well worth it. Great seafood specials and the Key Lime Pie was the best we ever had! The family loved it!

Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Definitely recommend, tasty menu and good value with friendly service.

The kids loved colouring and stapling a $ bill to the walls. Quirky and relaxed.

1  Thank cpsharpe
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Iv'e travelled in many impoverished places where u would expect to run across a place like this..but never in this country..With the lure of inexpensive all-u-can eat fish and even cheaper beer, I was talked into giving Shipwrecks a try. From the moment I entered I was suspicious of the cleanliness. The dead roach in the corner and smelly bathroom kept my appetite in check until I had swilled down enough beer to brave their Mahi special. Everything was going well until the waitress rudely moved our crew of 6 from the table( one of 5 inside) we were enjoying, to the bar, because we hadn't ordered enough food,,If only she had accosted me a few minutes earlier before I had ordered my dinner. My perch at the bar gave me a bird's eye view of the kitchen which shares space with the beer coolers.. After skipping lunch in expectation of the night's feast, I greedily devoured my first plate of Mahi and promptly ordered more. As the waitress passed my reorder on to the grill cook in front of me I was horrified to watch as he loaded the filets one at a time unto his hairy tattooed arm before splashing blackened seasoning on them. Starting to panic I squinted to see if there were any open sores between the sections of fish. I started getting the feeling a hair was in my mouth and decided I just couldn't go through with eating anymore. I mentioned my distress to the buxom young bartender, who proceeded to shush me, whispering that although she shared my concerns, she didn't want to anger the cook. I told her I had suddenly filled of fish and would love to have another beer, this time in a plastic cup. The fish was tasty despite my fear of the spice masking a bit of scab.

3  Thank william r