“Good food, nice people”

Shipwreck's Bar and Grill
Ranked #20 of 134 Restaurants in Key Largo
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Key Largo's Hidden Treasure! And the locals would like to keep it that way. Shipwrecks is located off the beaten path, on a deep water canal, on the ocean side. Come enjoy great food, good prices, and friendly staff in a relaxed atmosphere. Happy hour is everyday 4-6 pm when beer starts at $1. Seating is available inside, outside, or under the tiki. Locals, tourists, bikers, families, divers, and all other friendly people welcome!
Southport, North Carolina
“Good food, nice people”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

The place looks like a dive bar when you walk in,and we waited for a couple of minutes to be acknowledged, as the two waitresses were handling tables outside and in. Once she got to us, though, our waitress was friendly and funny. We sat outside on a hot day, but the fans keep the screened porch comfortable.
Food came quickly and was good - nothing fancy, but there was plenty and it's reasonably priced!

Hollywood, Florida
“Hidden surprise”
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Luckily I read on trip advisor not to turn back when I saw the exterior because this place is great. We sat outside on the water, nice and cool from the fans. Our food was delicious, fresh and hot! Waitresses were really nice. Would definitely eat here again when in the area.

Sarasota, Florida
“Great food, but poor service”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

The food was awesome. We were told about this place through another local. I was impressed, I have to say by the stuffed jalapenos. The fish sandwiches were good and the price is awesome! But, they do need to have an extra server on. Due to only have two on the floor, working inside and out, it took a little bit of time to get requested items. I would recommend this place to others, though.

Visited July 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Good food at a great price in a cool place”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I at Shipwrecks twice while I was in Key Largo June 28 and 29 and also on the way back to the mainland from Key West on July 3rd. The food was good each time. I had the fried mahi sandwich and some awesome onion rings with coconut batter and a Thai sauce. The fish on the sandwich was way more than I could finish. The batter in a few spots on one filet could have used a few more seconds in the fryer, but the fish was cooked fine. The other was perfect. No big deal since I didn't need all that fried batter anyway. That was the first meal. Second time I had a crab cake sandwich and fries. Excellent. I had a slice of Key Lime pie as well. It was rich, creamy, and delicious. The last meal while exiting the Keys was a Shipwreck's fish sandwich. It had cheese on it. Very good also. The mahi is better though. The menu is pretty varied and there are plenty of options.

The restaurant is marina casual....I live in Florida so I don't expect or want a fancy place when I'm near the ocean. Don't let the looks fool you if you're not used to places like this. For me, it was exactly the type of place I like. The bartender (I ate at the bar) was friendly as was the younger of the cooks. The other one was very busy cooking. The patrons were a mix of locals and a few other travelers and tourists. They serve beer and wine plus soft drinks. Nice mix of beers. There is an inside bar and seating area, an enclosed patio, and an outside seating area. Still, it's not a big place.

The food is very good, prices are low, and the staff and patrons were friendly. Don't go expecting white tablecloth service and you will enjoy it. Try the coconut batter onion rings and save room for Key Lime pie. Have a beer and watch the boats. Wish I was there now.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank donOrlando
“Locals Secret Is Out”
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Great place for foodies or families. Not much curb appeal from exterior, but food is amazing. Blackend mahi was excellent, and great value for families.