“Four Hours of Pure Fun!!”

Garl's Coastal Kayaking Everglades
Book In Advance
More Info
$159.99*
and up
Full Day Kayak Adventure in the Everglades
Ranked #6 of 120 Tours in Key Largo
More attraction details
Owner description: Garl's Coastal Kayaking is the ultimate tour service of the Florida Keys and Everglades. We are the first and original kayaking/slogging tour in the Everglades with the most experienced guides.We offer kayaking, hiking, snorkeling and fishing in pristine, often unexplored areas of south Florida, the Everglades and Key Largo. We offer a variety of tours and trips 7 days a week and can customize any of our trips. See our website for trip details!We now have rentals- call or see our website for rates. Kayaks and SUP and we can deliver throughout the Keys, just call for arrangements. We can also provide transportation for our Everglades tours, just let us know and we can pick up/drop off!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Four Hours of Pure Fun!!”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

My boyfriend and I drove from Miami Beach to Key Largo for a day of kayaking with Garl's and it was fantastic! Mary is a sweetheart and the experience is fun and affordable. $35 for 4 hours in a 2 person kayak was a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon - and awesome tip from Mary to stop by Snook's Bar and Grill too!
10 out 10 - would highly recommend!

Visited August 2014
2 Thank Lyndsey R

Sylvania, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Excellent all day adventure”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

We did the full day Everglades adventure on August 13th with Jeff as our guide. Started off slogging to 2 gator holes. Spent 4-5 hours kayaking down the coast and finished up with a night walk. Saw several snakes, a big Barred owl, many alligators, ospreys, white pelicans, spoonbills, a school of sawfish, sharks, manatees, a bald eagle, skimmers, and other species as well. We started with check in at noon and didn't finish until around ten o'clock. You can see a lot more with a trained guide that knows the park well versus going it on your own. They provide the bug suits and water shoes but you will still need to load up on bug spray as I still took home several bug bites. We packed a lunch and they provided coolers to keep things cold but you can bring your own as well. It was a great day and I would highly recommend this tour.

Visited August 2014
3 Thank lizafull
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Guides”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

My girlfriend and I tried Garl's during our vacation to Miami and the Keys in June. They were more than accommodating with getting us a tour guide especially considering we didn't make reservations and just called the day we wanted to go. We had decided to do the few hour trip to the Everglades which was fantastic. Our tour guide Geoffrey was extremely knowledgeable about the area and was able to talk about everything from how the area was formed geologically and the types of plants and animals that live there. If there was something you specifically wanted to see he would go out of his way to show them to you on the trip. It was well worth the money and I would definitely do it again if I was vacationing in Southern Florida in the future.

Before you go out for the Kayaking trip you meet at a location that is also directly next to the "Robert Is Here" fruit stand which can be a nice before or after kayaking stop.

Visited June 2014
3 Thank Jordan B
Fort Collins, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Animals Aplenty”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

This was one of the best eco-tours I've ever been on. I was lucky enough to go with Garl himself who is incredibly knowledgeable on the plants and animals found in the glades. He took us on a short hike which produced beautiful orchids and bromeliads (as well as an awesome kingsnake) in a truly unique ecosystem. Afterwards the kayaking began and I never thought I would see so many amazing animals in the span of a few hours. If dolphins, crocodiles, and sharks are your thing definitely take a tour with Garl's Coastal Kayaking.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank GrimaceFishn
Fort Mc Coy, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Excellent Adventure”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Wow, this is such wonderful experience. Our guide Geoff was knowledgeable, respectful and enthusiastic. On our 2 cypress dome walks he showed us lots of facets of the Everglades that you don't witness walking around the boarded trails let alone zipping by at 70 mph on the roadways of I75. He took the time to explain what he was showing us. Loved seeing the brown water snake napping in a stump and seeing the apple snail eggs on the stalks of grass. The orchids were beautiful even though the butterfly orchids were the only ones in bloom that we saw. I loved seeing how large the cow horn orchids grow. The different ferns and water plants were so varied and interesting they took me back in time, away from the busy paced life we lead. Although we didn't get to see the alligator couple, Snaggletooth (bull) and Princess, it wasn't for the lack of trying. They were just out and about. We did get to see 2 hatchlings by a culvert, juvenile Gar fish and various other fish.

Next stop was a fresh water kayaking trip at 9 mile pond. Paddling through and under bridges of mangrove trees was mesmerizing for me. We saw countless red winged blackbirds, egrets, herons, gulls, a lone kite, hawks, woodpeckers and many more. We did come up upon a 7-8' alligator under a mangrove canopy just watching us cruise by. On our way out of the mangrove trails I got to see an alligator hatchling bobbing in the water among the tall grass. At first I didn't know what it was, it caught my eye because it would disappear under the water and then pop back up after a bit. We watched each other for a while. Saw a soft shell turtle crossing a grassy area headed to the water.

Next stop was Flamingo for our salt water kayaking. We saw a mama crocodile and a couple of babies hanging on the sea wall. We headed out with large thunderheads building all around and got rained on for a bit. We made our way to Snake Bight to see the Roseate Spoonbills gathering together to roost along with a myriad of other shore birds. It was a canvas of pink. We saw many lemon sharks and tarpon chasing the bait fish. 2 salt water crocodiles lazily swam past, what a sight. The water was dead flat calm, making it difficult to be sure where the sea and the sky met. It was soothing and mesmerizing. We made our way back to the point to enjoy a spectacular sunset.

On our drive out of the park we passed an 8-9' python and made a note of the time and location to notify the park officials. We saw owls and other night birds and a couple of other snakes disappearing off the tarmac as we approached.

Kudos to Geoff Scharnow for a spectacular, educational and thought provoking day. Our Everglades are fragile and resilient as long as we don't meddle with what nature has provided. , we need to educate all on this slow meandering river of grass. Ask for Geoff to be your host for the day, his passion for one of the most unique ecosystems is unrivaled.

Visited July 2014