Review Highlights
Dan Mortis

We booked this trip well in advance after enjoying it so much last Easter. Even if you catch... read more

Reviewed April 14, 2019
Daniel M
Great Bookham, United Kingdom
via mobile
Can’t go wrong

Capt. Chris took me and 2 other ladies out, we are all relatively inexperienced. He was... read more

Reviewed October 21, 2018
floridabae
via mobile

All reviews captain chris mangrove snapper caught fish fishing trip experienced fisherman day trip sundowners snook jacks bait casting blast keys mangroves boat trips dock
Selected filters
Reviewed March 26, 2016

First time out was great. A lot of effort on Chris's part .Caught a lot of fish and he worked hard.
Second time,a week later,different story. We spent a lot of time netting bait,but we never used it the way we did the first time.We caught fish and had numerous bites ,but he did not spend the time or effort he did the first time.
I asked if he had an afternoon booking and the answer was yes, a group from the Hilton.I then knew what the bait fish we caught that AM was being saved for.

Date of experience: March 2016
Reviewed March 24, 2016

Great day on the water with Chris! Sometimes you roll the dice hiring someone "unknown", but Chris' personality and disposition were fantastic. He taught us the finer points of fishing in The Upper Keys, had us slaying Snook, Amberjack, Snapper and Grouper, while navigating some fun winds and rains! We look forward to coming back this fall! By the way, Chris has a phenomenal recipe for smoked fish dip!

Steve B
Charlotte, NC

Date of experience: March 2016
Reviewed February 4, 2016

My husband found Capt. Chris through Google and research. Did we ever get lucky!! We went to some great spots - reeled in about 40 trout at one spot and kept 8 beauties! The my husband was lucky enough to catch a beautiful snook (unfortunately out of season) and a Saw Toothed Shark - a real rarity and endangered species. He has been around the area for a long time and knows the waters. We would go with him again!!

Date of experience: February 2016
Reviewed September 14, 2015

Had a great time with my son. Capt Chris put us on the fish every time! We caught fish in all the locations he took us. Tells you what you need to do, and if you follow his simple instructions there is no reason for you not to catch a fish. Capt. Chris goes out his way to make sure you catch something and even helps by catching a fish, then giving you the rod to bring it in!

We were more than happy with the 1/2 day trip especially after fighting and catching around 20 fish.

We will definitely go out with Capt Chris again, but next time it will be patch reef fishing where he says he knows some great spots!

Date of experience: September 2015
Reviewed April 29, 2015

My friend and I just went out on a charter with Capt. Chris two weeks ago. This being our first time fishing in the Fla. Keys we did not know what to expect. It would have been nice to know what we were doing during the trip. Chris did not once explain what we were doing, such as going for the baitfish and why, or what to expect during our charter. It would have been much more enjoyable if he were more outgoing. If this is a typical outing I would strongly recommend another more personable charter company.

Date of experience: April 2015