“Outstanding!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Would never have stopped here except for great reviews from Yelp and Trip Advisor! Terrific shrimp and yellowtail fajitas! One order enough for 2! Fresh salsa, guacamole and chip s great! Split a key lime pie, which was very good. Huge margarita with plenty of booze, not watered down like most'. Great stop. They are moving to MM86 in January 2014.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Great little place with authentic Mexican food! Humongous margaritas!!! The best on the island. Great menu and great service. Currently located around MM 104 but moving to MM 85 after 1/1/14. Wherever they go, we will follow! There is a very small bar - never saw anyone there and very limited outdoor seating - but close to US1. This may improve with the location change in January.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Puerto Vallarta is a good Mexican Restaurant that serves a more traditional Mexican menu. There margaritas are top notch and user beware-their hot sauce is extremely HOT.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

The best Paella I have ever had!! I lived in France for two years where Paella is very popular and many restaurants serve it but they weren't as good as this one in this restaurant . The flan was very good too! I live in Colorado now but am looking forward to my next visit to Key Largo and one of the things on the top of my list is to come back to this restaurant.

What also impressed me about this restaurant is that it is very low key and modest and they don't toot their horn but their food is excellent as other diners in the restaurant agreed too. A diamond in the rough!

Another thing they told me was that they will be moving to Pelican Plaza in January 2014 in Islamorada so I will be able to find them again.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We walked in with a group of 7 at about 6:00pm. The server said there were no tables to accommodate us, but we could see an open table right there. Should have left, but with all the good reviews we thought lets keep going. One in our group sat down on broken glass in the chair. We told the server and she was too busy to be concerned. Her dinner was comped, but I think it was by accident because of all the confusion. Again, I don't know why we didn't leave. It took over an hour to get our food. They gave us 2 baskets of nachos and salsa, but never refilled it as we waited forever. Our server was also cooking in the kitchen, so not much time to be attentive or refill drinks. The food finally came. It is a shame everything else was so terrible, because the food wasn't bad. The only weird thing is the food almost tasted Cuban instead of Mexican, it had a ton of garlic. Living in South FL you know the difference. We finally left at 8:30pm, 2 1/2 hours later.