“A Diamond in the Rough- Vegetarian Friendly”
Review of Puerto Vallarta - CLOSED

Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
San Salvador, Bahamas
“A Diamond in the Rough- Vegetarian Friendly”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

My husband and I have been craving great Mexican food since we left Cal. ten years ago. We finally found it in this unassuming little hole in the wall restaurant on Key Largo. We read about it online and called for directions from our hotel, about 13 miles away. We still drove right passed it because the exterior is so low key and slightly run down. Do not be fooled by the cover of this book, it was the best meal we have had so far in the Keys ( 3 days now.) The clientele are mainly locals. The inside is very simple and utilitarian. The tables were about half filled but our server was fast, friendly and happy to give her recommendations. I had the best vegetarian enchiladas I have had in years. Most places skip the flavors and fillings for vegetarians but these were bursting with unexpected (almost Indian in nature) spices, fleshly sauteed vegetables, beans, cheese covered with a generous verde sauce that was homemade. My husband had the pork and pineapple tacos as recommended and he did not leave a drop on his plate. We both had simple but fresh side salads with vinegrette. I had the delicious, lightly herbed rice and my husband had a side of guacamole. We also split a key-lime slice which comes with a cream and choc-cinnamon sauce. Odd but it works! The only disappointment with the food was that the chips are not freshly made. Serving sizes are large. Cost was extremely reasonable, esp. for the Keys. Will probably go back again before we leave.

• Visited April 2013

Bedford
“Good Mexican food - reasonable prices”
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

We were staying just around the block in Key Largo, and visited twice during our stay. Food portions are huge! The first time we went we shared a nachos, then couldn't finish our mains so skipped starters the next time.
We tried burritos, fajitas and the combo plate which were all really good. When we visited on the Sunday they also had a guy singing, which was nice.
Really good Mexican food cooked well, and good prices!

Visited March 2013
Far Hills, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Mexican Food in Key Largo”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I had the fish tacos and my girlfriend had the veggie burrito during a recent visit,. Service was fast and we liked the authentic Mexican sodas and candy. Casual ambiance combined with awesome food makes for a great meal after a day in the sun.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank SavvyRomanticJoe
Washington, DC
“Great Mexican Restaurant”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Our first stop/meal in the "Keys" and one of our best. Wonderful service, great food, good (huge) margarita, huge portions (consider sharing), and great key lime pie! We left as two very satisfied customers.

Visited February 2013
Tavernier, Florida
“Beware”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

My wife and I got charged three times on our debit card for one meal. I called a week later and the server said that I should be getting a refund. Two more weeks have gone buy, no refund and not even a call back from the manager. A meal for 2 for $140. Beware

• Visited January 2013