“So much fun!”

Ocean Divers Bayside
More attraction details
Owner description: Ocean Divers is a scuba diving, snorkeling and water sport destination in Key Largo. Our boats leave the docks of the Marriott Key Largo to visit the reefs and wrecks of Key Largo. Come rent stand-up paddleboards, waverunners, kayaks. Come do an eco tour or a sunset cruise! Fly high above Key Largo parasailing and get a 20 mile view. Seize the deep!
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We went out with the Pirate Island Divers and Capt. Ryan and it was very fun. But they were all about being safe when diving or snorkeling. We snorkeled and went to 2 sites. It was a bit choppy but the views were great. We saw a lot of great coral and fish. The staff on the boat were really nice and very helpful. I would do this snorkel again. And the price was not bad. Best part it went out at the Marriott we were staying at.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I've dove around the world and with a variety of dive masters and captains, this was one of the more pleasant experiences I have had in recent times. The crew was professional, knowledgeable and friendly, they were quick to offer any assistance with gear or anything else. The group was made up of snorkelers and divers, both parties enjoyed the experience. Recommended.

1  Thank Alex J
Reviewed September 28, 2013

This is our second trip back to the Key Largo dive shop of Pirate Island divers and it was just as memorable as our first trip. The group there make you feel like family and you can't ask for a better crew that Brian and Mike make on the trips. Those guys know their business and have some real local knowledge on places to eat and drink in the area that turned out to be great.
Looking forward to return just as soon as we can.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Pirate Island Divers – My family and I took a long weekend trip to Key Largo. We had a few people who wanted to go scuba diving while others were only snorkeling. We found Pirate Island Drivers based off of a recommendation from a co-worker.

Location (Rating = A+): If you are staying at the Marriott and want to go diving/snorkeling, there is be no better location. They are located right on site and have overnight storage lockers for all of your gear.

Staff (Rating = B+): The staff on board was very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful.

Dive Boat (Rating = A): Lots of room for dive equipment and the boat was clean. Plenty of shade to get out of the sun, when necessary. Fee water or soda on board.

Reservations (Rating = C-): After our first day of diving I hurt my lower back so I wasn’t able to make the second day trip. The thought of placing a heavy tank on my back was completely unthinkable. I could barely walk. While I understand they have a 24 hour cancelation policy for a refund, I was injured and not able to go. The rest of my family still went on the second trip … just without me. The dive shop insisted I pay for my second trip/drive. They would not offer me a refund or even a credit towards a future trip. Nothing. I was very disappointed. I could have seriously hurt myself if I had attempted to go. So much for dive safety! Someone needs to re-look at this policy.

Not sure we will use Pirate Island Divers again in the future.

2  Thank OhioStateBuckeye
phlaghen, Owner at Ocean Divers Bayside, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your comments and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer service. It is only through reviews such as yours that we can identify issues and make adjustments when warranted. The cancellation policy is in place to help avoid no-shows, not penalize guests already diving with us. While management can not be everywhere at all times, if you made the staff aware of the problem you were having with your back, an exception could possibly been made in your case had it been brought to management's attention. We are sorry your experience was not first rate. However, safety is our first priority and we would look forward to making it right should you decide to dive with us again. Thank You again for your review and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Couldn't be happier after our 12 year old decided he wanted to try out scuba diving.
Staff were knowledgeable, polite and attentive and most importantly for a somewhat nervous spectating mother very reassuring.
I have no hesitation in recommending them especially to parents of children who wish to try out scuba diving
Our son is now hooked thanks to the patient and understanding team and can't wait to get his PADI certification

Thank you !!!!

1  Thank VWPhotos

Thank You for your review. Your son was a joy to have with us, he was a complete gentleman and very polite. He will become a great diver should he choose to get his Open Water Diver certification. Your family was wonderful and we hope to see you again very soon.