“Great for first time or new divers”

Ocean Divers Bayside
More attraction details
Owner description: Ocean Divers is a scuba diving, snorkeling and water sport destination in Key Largo. Our boats leave the docks of the Marriott Key Largo to visit the reefs and wrecks of Key Largo. Come rent stand-up paddleboards, waverunners, kayaks. Come do an eco tour or a sunset cruise! Fly high above Key Largo parasailing and get a 20 mile view. Seize the deep!
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

Grandson's first ocean dive experience the guides made sure things went well and we got to see everything available. Felt very safe even got to do a wreak dive even though only two of us. Rental equipment good. Will use them again when next grandchildren get their certification. Got a nice room rate with key largo Marriott resort as part of dive package. Would highly recommend

There are newer reviews for Ocean Divers Bayside

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I had the pleasure of spending a week diving with Pirate Island last year! This was my first diving adventure so I completed my pool and open water dives with their instructors during the first two days. The instructor I worked with was highly skilled and a very friendly guy who was and did a great job helping me complete my open water certification.

The following days were filled with two boat trips a day out to the various dive sites in the Keys. Their boat captain and staff were again very professional, helpful and friendly during the trips. The boat had water, soda and various light snacks to keep you hydrated and ready for the next dive! Because I spent a week down there I was able to dive many locations, but my favorite was "Christ of the Abyss", we still have the YMCA picture we took with him!

I cannot wait to get back, all the pictures I took are rotating on my desktop. I heard they now have a jet pack you can rent and fly around the area, PID is high on my next vacation list.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

This was the first time my wife and I dove in Key Largo. We were fortunate enough to come across this place as we were staying next door at the Marriott Key Largo Beach Resort and met some people that dove and also highly recommended them. The staff in the shop were very helpful and let us take fins, snorkel, and mask out in the Bay Area to play around with and snorkel before our 12:30 dive. Adam and Scottie were great and very safe, thorough, and fun! Highly recommend and we will be back!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We have be diving for decades, all over the world. We decided to return to Key Largo where we earned our advanced open water certification, for easy "aquarium" diving. We picked PID because they are right next to the cut to the ocean and on site a Marriott. We expected syrupy hotel staff on the boat, with lots of resort course divers, but instead found a world-class operation with a mix of newer divers and veterans. A pleasant experience overall. One drawback is the need to lug dive gear up and down steps to the guest storage area...which rests in large rooftop puddles after a rain. Move the guest lockers to the first floor and you will make your equipment-laden guests much happier.

1  Thank Visit-upstate-NY
Reviewed September 21, 2012

My wife and I have been diving for around 10 years. We have used several operations in Key Largo, and Pirate Island is the best. On our vacation in mid-September, we booked 4 trips that visited 2 dive sites each (6 reefs, 2 wrecks).

CONVENIENCE: Since they are located within the Marriot Key Largo Bay resort, you just walk out of your room and onto the boat. After the dive, they have a locked outdoor area above their shop to hang your gear to dry, so your hotel room is not littered with drying gear all over the place. This makes for a low-effort, convenient process which is what vacation should be all about.

SERVICE: I had our regulators serviced at a local shop before leaving for the trip. Both regulators failed with air leaks. They provided us with rentals on-the-spot at the dive site so our dive was not lost. When we returned from the dive, Adam serviced our regulators and fixed the problem. He even showed me the disassembled units and the root causes. We were back in business for the remainer of our dives. Many, many thanks to Adam.

CREW: The crew was friendly, knowledgeable, and courteous. Before departure, they briefed us on the boat and safety equipment. They took the time to socialize with the guests during the ride to the dive site. Upon arrival at the dive site, the boat captains gave clear explanations of the site and how to navigate the dive, and answered our questions patiently. The crew helped everyone off/on the boat without rushing us. They were all professionals.

DIVES: Key Largo offers a variety of dive sites. They reefs and marine life are plentiful and healthy.

RECOMMENDATION: This operation is outstanding and we highly recommend them. We are repeat customers, and we will return again next year. We extend our thanks to PID for making our dives pleasant and memorable. Extra kudos to Adam, he rocks.

Chris & Tina