“Thank you Christi and Eric!”
Review of Blue Water Divers

Blue Water Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: BlueWater Diver is a Coast Guard inspected thirty foot custom open transom dive vessel. She's fast, comfortable, and never crowded! While Coast Guard certified for 15 passengers, open seating is routinely limited to just ten divers per two location trip. Her flush deck, open transom, and sturdy boarding ladder were designed with diving in mind.
Reviewed July 12, 2011

Excellent customer service! They are a small company and only take out a max of 10 divers per trip. Well, we got lucky on the day we went because a large group cancelled because of the weather (seriously, the weather? It was BEAUTIFUL!), so my husband and I had the entire boat to ourselves and even had 1 dive site with just the two of us in the water! It was very personal and romantic as my husband and I love the sport, so knowing we were the only two on the reef made it so memorable.

I cannot comment on how great Christi and Eric were! They still went out for us even though we were the only two and did not make us reschedule. They worked with us and Eric was our captain and very knowledgeable about the dive sites we went to. He kept an eye on our bubbles so he knew where we were and if we were ok. He gave us an hour for each dive site and had oranges and water on-board to replenish our energy.

I highly recommend on getting a group of divers together, rent through them and enjoy the water with just you and your friends! It will be worth it! Eric allowed us to take our time and relax. There was no rush, no schedule, just wonderful diving and a wonderful experience!

All reviews
"future dives"
"french reef"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed July 9, 2011

Christy and Eric were very knowledgeable of the area and gave great information on each of our spots. Nice, small boat with personalized service. Dove with another company as well and these guys shine way above the other! They even took us out at the last minute when we found ourselves without a boat due to problems at another company even though they did not have a trip planned. We will be back.

Reviewed May 25, 2011

I could tell from the point when I made my reservations from home that "Blue Water Divers" was very customer oriented company. I had called several times changing times and asking about different dives. Christi was very patient with me answering all my questions and even changing dive locations to suit my wishes!
upon my arrival, I was welcomed and informed of everything I needed to know for the dive trip. They were courteous assisting me with my gear and procedures. I was the first diver on the boat, and while waiting for the other divers to arrive, I began to figure that the other pair of divers were a " No Show" . This Dive was something I wanted to do since I was a child, but never got the opportunity to do. I then was worried that me being the only diver, I would have to reschedule! To my Surprise We Took the trip anyway! I was the Only Diver on the Boat (Besides Christi and Eric). Christi Was my Dive Buddy, and I had an absolutely Awesome Time! She took photo's for me, and showed things in the reef that I would have missed! I dived again with them the next day, and received the Great service that I had received the day before!
This is a Great Company, who really focus on small amounts of people. I will never go on another "Cattle Company" dive boat again. If you're planning a trip to dive the keys, Key largo reefs or wrecks, Look no further, Blue Water Divers Will completely take care of you. If you have any questions Call Christi, she will work with you like she did me!! I'm still in shock!! Absolutely Awesome!

1  Thank DCC1
Reviewed October 19, 2010

My wife and I spent a wonderful weekend diving with Christi & Eric. They know the good diving locations, keep the crowd down to 10 or less, (it was mostly us and another couple) are very patient and accommodating, and really take care of their guests. I got in 12 dives (molasses and pickles reef were my favorites) and my wife, who had a bad experience with a resort dive 10 years ago and was a bit apprehensive of SCUBA, decided to try again after seeing how nice and patient these folks are to dive with. We WILL be back to dive with Blue Water Divers and I would heartily recommend them to anyone!

Dive Comments: Diving conditions were slighly hazy the first day as it had rained the previous day, but things really cleared up by the second and third day. Water temp was around 82F so a 3 mill shorty was plenty comfortable, even at 90' on the Spiegle Grove. I was a bit surprised by the strength of the current decending and acending the Spiegle Grove which is simmilar to that around Coxumel. However, we were instructed pretty carefully which lines to follow from the buoy down to the ship (they split and apparently some divers get confused) so there was no problem. Most of our dives were around reefs where we say the usual characters, morrays (green and spotted) trunk fish, file fish, quite a few lobster (if it wasn't a state park I would have brought home dinner) snappers, and the like.

1  Thank MarkbertWaverly_MN
See more reviews
Reviewed August 7, 2010

Gutted at missing our pre booked trip with one of the bigger snorkel trip companies on our way back up the coast , we walked along the key next to the Holiday Inn hoping that we could find another operator. About to give up hope, we met Eric of Blue Water Divers at the last booth on the key (nearest Holiday Inn and next to the African Queen).
We explained that we were on our way back up and that we couldn't wait for the evening cruises so, although he had no other people booked that afternoon, he kindly agreed to take us - well, missing that big tour was the best thing that could have happened to us!
Eric took the time to introduce himself, the Blue Water DIver Boat and took the effort to learn all our names. He explained he was taking us to Mollasses Reef and we sped accross beautiful turquoise waters out to the reef.
As soon as we stopped we were joined by a school of seargant fish and Eric pointed out a turtle and a sizeable Barracuda as we jumped in to the crystal clear water.
At the first stop we saw a nurse shark, barracuda and shoals of beautiful tropical fish. Eric then gave us a choice for our second snorkel, a nursery area, with lots of colourful smaller fish or the "Aquarium" - an area of the reef where you literally could be swimming in an aquarium and where the bigger fish hang out. As we have two teenage boys the decision was made quickly and it wasn't the nursery!
In this snorkel although never more than 40- 50 yards from the boat we saw two more nurse sharks, a school of barracuda, and a hugh grouper together with a myriad of colourful fish hanging out amongst the coral.
The reason we would really recommend this trip is that it is intimate - we were really lucky as there were only four of us but Blue Water Divers never take more than 10 people out. There are also lots of lovely touches that just make a difference - like the fresh orange segments each time you come out of the water to take away the salt water taste, the fresh water shower to get rid of the salt at the end of snorkelling, the free water and juices on board. You really feel that Eric wants you to have a special and memorable trip.
So if you are looking to go snorkelling in the beautiful waters off Key Largo - look beyond the free brochures with their $2 off and look up Blue Waters for a truly memorable experience.
Trips leave at 8.30am and 1.00pm - located at 100 Oceanside in front of the Holiday Inn

1  Thank Stots14