“AMAZING!!”
Review of Christ of the Deep

Ranked #12 of 72 things to do in Key Largo
More attraction details
Owner description: A 4,000 pound bronze statue of Christ installed at the Key Largo National Marine Sanctuary.
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I went on a snorkeling tour twice to this site by the tour operator. My husband and I loved it! It was so amazing to see. I would look at it a while and move on to another area of the reef but would always come back to it. I just could not get enough. We also got to see reef sharks on both trips there and I love seeing sharks on dives. It was well worth the cost of the trip but I do bring my own equiptment.

All reviews
"surrounding reef"
"fish"
in 46 reviews
"john pennekamp state park"
in 12 reviews
"keys diver"
"open water"
"grecian rocks"

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Good little snorkle site. I didn't bother with the dive gear as its litterally 3 - 4 m deep. Fantastic light and corals make for awesome underwater shots. Ideal for beginners.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

It was fun to go out and see the statue you see in all the pictures and hear the story about it. We were warned not to hug Jesus as he is covered in fire coral and it would burn horribly. (not that I planned on hugging the statue but it was a good warning anyway!

Reviewed October 4, 2012

We were lucky enough to see Mr. Niedermeier (?) placing his new corals. Great place to snorkel. The diving is a bit shallow, and as a novice diver, I am reluctant to get too close to the fragile environment.