“A fun and unique place to stay!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Key Largo
Key Largo House Boatel
Reviewed April 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed here March 2013 for 2 nights. We absolutely loved it! The room was clean and had all the amenities we needed. The water was hot in the shower too! The boatel is a FUN and UNIQUE place... not like any we have ever stayed in. I recommend it to anyone who likes adventure, trying new things or thinks outside the box! I would definitely go back!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 15, 2013

My wife and I stayed in the boatel and had a lovely evening there. It had great AC and a cozy bed. It was not the nicest place I have ever been but it was clean. The owner was very nice and helpful. If we go back to the keys we would not hesitate to go back.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I went in April 2012 with my husband and parents. I orginally toured the largest of the house boats and enjoy the look and feel of it. We booked the crows nest with out seeing it in person since itsaid it had the same amenities as the larger one. The " kitchen" and i say this loosely because it is in the one bedroom and it is a fridge, electic skillet, and an electric kettle. You have to go in the bathroom of thesink part so not the most convenient. The boat listed quite a bit thoughout our 7 day stay so the water in the bathroom ran a bit on the floor. Very nice location right on the sound and we enjoyed having breakfast on the balcony ever morning. We rented about from George, it wag nice but I would recommend renting the bigger one. I can't say the I would stay in that boat againbut maybe one of the smaller ones since they are better equipped.

Room Tip: Either choose the largest boat or one of the 4 small ones.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
theboatelKeyLargo, Manager at Key Largo House Boatel, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

She left out the kitchen also has a kitchen counter/wsink, microwave, cofee maker, toaster, dishware/utensils, kitchen table w/4 chairs and there is a barbeque right outside the front door. The boats will lean from side to side due to the fact they are boats.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We booked Key Largo House Boatel after reading a Lonely planet recommendation. After receiving free upgrade we found ourselves staying on a houseboat that slept 6. It had everything we needed for a great stay! The decor is a bit rustic but the space and cleanliness make up for it. Fantastic place for a family vacation!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We chanced upon the Boatel when looking for breakfast on our way to the airport to fly home to the UK.
We loved the shabby chic comfort, location and being away from the crowds/hotel environment. We booked as soon as we got home. If its home comforts, and hotel style amenities you need, don't even think about it. If you want to kick back and chill in true Keys style I would highly recommend.

The Kayaking around the lagoon on is great, we saw dolphins, all sorts of birds, fish and fauna. If fishing is your thing you can cast your line whist sitting on your dining table, venture further into the lagoon on a kayak and some good sport fishing is to be had (Redfish, Barracuda, Bonefish etc).

If considering one of the small boats (which is where we stayed) I would recommend booking one of the units directly next to the sea (#4 or #5).

The Hideout Restaurant is great with friendly waitresses who can't do enough to please. Food is tasty, wholesome and plentiful.

George is very helpful, really nice guy (Thanks George)

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Rob O
Reviewed March 28, 2013

a beautiful view excellent food at the hideout.could enjoymy stay with my pets.the best room is up top closest to the water.i'll go back.could have used a few more clean towels for the week.for the price it was a great value.key largo is agreat vacation spot

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I took a chance that my wife, grandson and his mother would like it. We selected the Crow's Nest because it had two bedrooms, two balconies, a great view. It is on top of George's floating apartment and office. When we arrived we were a little taken back about how rustic it was. You had to go up a metal circular stairwell to get to the "Nest." And it did not have the amenities of a condo, but we were not looking for that. It had lively neighbors, a quite neighborhood. And George was really nice and friendly. He very attentive and did not mind a seven year old running back and forth above him. It did have a TV in each closet, but limited closet space. The kitchen was like when I was in college in my first apartment. No stove, just an electric frying pan and electric deep fat fryer. The Microwave wasn't working well, but George said he would fix it. And the boat listed a couple of degrees.

But all that aside we had a blast. The decks were inviting, An Iguana showed up daily, great view, We cooked on the bar-b-q and that was fine. Would I recommend it? It all depends to whom. Many of my friends wouldn't like it, but my dear friends would like it as much as we did. It is funky and that was the keys experience I was looking for.

Room Tip: It doesn't have a pool
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family