“Unique Florida Keys Floating Accommodations on a Budget!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Key Largo
Key Largo House Boatel
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Lots to see and do nearby and throughout the keys, or just get lost and relax in the sun on your own sun deck. Great Largo Sound water front location off the main highway, various levels and sizes of accommodations, so do your due dilgence. There are bikes, boats, kayaks, fishing poles, barbeques, and more. Your at docks, there are decks, steps, ladders and water so be sure footed. If your expectations are pretty high, you maybe disappointed by some of the boats, if looking for a 1st cabin, pick boat 4 or 5 they are the best. I stayed in boat 1 by myself, its rustic and you should like camping, or pick boat 4 or 5. The grounds around and top decks of the house boats have great views of Key Largo Sound. I'm going back for sure, truly enjoyed my stay! I stayed on the houseboat side but there is a floating hotel with more typical hotel type rooms on the other side. I want to try those at some point as well. Talk to George, tell him what you expect and he will tell what he has to offer, like I said earlier there is a wide range of what's available. Thank you George, it was a pleasure getting to know you, your boats and hotel, maybe back next month. Stayed 7 nights end of January, 2013.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Room Tip: My opinion best of the fleet, and where I'm staying on my next visit, boat 4 or 5!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed February 15, 2013

We had a great time at the Boatel. We rented houseboat #4 for four nights. It was wonderful to be able to sit on the back deck, right on the water and enjoy the tropical breeze and sunsets. With all of the mangroves and development in the Keys it is easy to forget that you are on a small island. I am so happy that we found this place and I would definately go back. We cooked our own breakfast each day before heading out. Excellent value for the budget traveler (that's us, we prefer to camp if we can, just to be able to enjoy the outdoors). Not sure we would have seen the water at all if not for this place and the State Park.....

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 15, 2013

If you're looking for luxury accommodations, this is not for you, BUT if you want an affordable place to stay that holds a little adventure and has a nice ocean entrance view, then this is your place. We stayed in the Crow's Nest with our three teen girls. The deck allowed us to sit out in the sun and fresh air and enjoy the beauty of the water. We were there in November after a larger storm and were not able to enjoy the kayaks on the property but we did go to the state park to kayak. George, the owner, was very nice and approachable with good information for places to go/see. The adventure was climbing the stairs and the direction of which the boat was leaning dependent upon the tides! We liked that we could cook and have a refrigerator available for our use.

Room Tip: Ask George, he is very helpful
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 15, 2013

The boatel isn't for the fancy type at all. Its actually a wonderfully placed, hidden hideaway that I wish I could go every weekend. George was a friendly small business semi retired man that is a true gentleman and a caring business owner. It was quiet, private abd very well all around place to spend a few days in the keys. And the restaurant across was Fantastic!!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Me and th family never have taken a vaction since the kids were born and now there grown up. I just had to do this before they moved on. We stayed at the Boatel in Key Largo and i coundn't ask for a nicer place to stay. Every thing in the website is there kayaks that me a my children used to go to pennycamp state park by water. Snokeling that we did off the kayaks out by the no motor zones and seen some nice schools of fish near the mangroves. The view is not the ocean but was very nice in its own right. Nice and quite there. During the winter i would of probly have slept outside under the stars. It was just flat out relaxing. Went out to the reef from pennycamp to snokel the christ statue a most do. And i want to thank george for making it possible for us to do this has he worked with us to make it all happen 5 nights there. My sister brought her kids down on the weekend for 1 night and wished she would of come earlyer. wich she will be staying there this summer herself with her kids. Thank You again george :)

Room Tip: We stayed in the Stress Relief sleeps 6+ very big and very nice. low priced for a big place to stay...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Like other reviewers have said, if you like adventure and you are not persnicketty, you will have a good time. We stayed in the Stress Relief boat and it had plenty of room and the beds were comfortable. We ate most of our meals on the deck overlooking the water, and used the barbeque to cook amazing fish from the Fish House, just caught that morning by local fishermen! The weather was a bit windy, but the kayaks are readily available and the location is great. I would definitely stay again. If you are unsteady on your feet, you may not like the planks that you walk over to enter the boat. And if insects bother you, you may not care for the few little ants we shared the kitchen with. Just take out the trash each evening as George suggests and keep the counters clean! We also rented boat #2 for our older daughter and her husband and two young kids and it was pretty small, so I would always choose Stress Relief for the space, view, and ammenities, even if only 2 or three of us were staying. It has a full kitchen, laundry facilities, two large couches, a dining table inside and on the deck, a big screen TV, desk area, and more. Sure, it tilts a bit. Sure, the ceiling tiles aren't perfect. It was clean and comfortable and provided everything we needed to enjoy Key Largo. If you like camping, you'll probably love it. If you love staying at the Four Seasons, you might hate it. We love camping AND the Four Seasons, and we found the Boatel a wonderful adventure!!! Thank you, George!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sue S
Reviewed January 24, 2013

My two friends and I wanted to go for a weekend get-a-way without breaking the bank. The Key Largo House Boatel was perfect! This is how you should experience the Keys, because the true key west life style is laid back and on the water! You get it all. The house boats are dock bound, but rock ever so gently with the tide. Waking up to the sunrise is awesome! Sunsets on the decks of these boats are wonderful too. Like being in your own world! The owner is VERY accomdating and the kayaks are free. John Pennecamp State park is right next door. And did I mention, it doesn't break the bank? We can't wait to return again! Thank you, George Alfano for a wonderful experience! See you soon!
Debi T, Charlene V & Kayleen C