“Best Boatel in Largo!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Key Largo
Key Largo House Boatel
Reviewed March 21, 2012

I was driving in key largo yesterday looking for a vacancy in a camp ground. We couldn't find any openings and decided to look on craigs list for places when we found George and the boatel. This was one of the best experiences on our vacation! George was super awesome and accomidating. He told us the best places to go, and was so sweet and friendly:) The boat we stayed in was beautiful, and set up ready with tv, stero, and everything we could need. Beds were very comfortable, and the view was amazing!! Want to come back as soon as possible and stay longer! Thanks George your the best!

• Stayed: March 2012

Reviewed March 21, 2012

I just love this place. It's an affordable way to take a trip to the Keys. Now this place isn't the Hilton it is a bit rustic. If you hate camping then this place is not for you, We just went down for a fishing/snorkeling trip so it was perfect for us. There were 4 couples and we had so much fun. We took the kayaks out every day which is free for guests. You can't beat that. The water is beautiful. George rented us his pontoon boat for the day and it was very affordable. Told us of some islands we should check out. You will see below some of the pics we took while we were there. Wherever we go we take our pillows and bed sheets and lysol so I do recommend that. But all in all I will definitely be back next year.

Room Tip: The Stress Relief is nice and roomy. I think out of the smaller boats #4 is the best. The Crows Nest...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Our staying was super enjoyable and affordable. We stayed our first night at the upstair two bedrooms with a balcony- wow, the view!! All of us loved the lovely two bedroom place and the cleaned bathroom- this was important for us. Next night we moved to boat #2 which was much smaller than we thought- still good. But having a nicer room at first throw us at little bit of disappointed. Wish we kept the first room for the second night as well. (SO RESERVE FAST)Don't get me wrong, the boat #2 still has a nice bed, cleaned shower- no bath, and full kitchen with sink. Even though the disappointment of boat #2, I have to give 5 stars because of the owner, George. I personally hate bad customer services but George exceed my expectation. Friendly, polite and informative. What a nice guy! I definitely come back again next time I visit Keys.
While we stay the boatel, we traveled to Key West and it took us about 2 hrs with traffic and wasn't too bad at all. Driving highway 1 was actually fun and we stopped couple times for pics. So if you don't want to pay ridiculously expensive hotel in Key West, stay here and you will love it.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 20, 2012

My Dad two brothers and I had a great vacation. Friendly people and nice accommodations. It was great to wake up and have a morning mimosa on the back deck with a wonderful water view. I look forward to a return visit.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 19, 2012

We've stayed here 3 years and are scheduled for our fourth-- the location is convenient, a bit rustic but where else can you sleep with the slider open and smell the fresh air and wake up to the swooshing of the blue water! The deck is very convenient to relax and A restaurant in walking distance, stores within 5 miles - yet off the beaten path. There are 3 different boats to choose from. We love the "layed back" philosophy in the Keys. Price is great for the location - I've recommended to several people who've also enjoyed it! Website pretty accurate.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Boatel is a unique place to spend your vacation and very affordable:-) we used the full kitchen and grill to save money and eat on the deck with a fabulous view of Key Largo Sound. Kayaking over to John Pennecamp was very enjoyable and free! We had a minor repair needed and George fixed it immediately. The boat was clean and staff & guests were friendly. Fun bars, grocery stores, and shopping nearby. You can't find a better deal for what you get.
These are houseboats, not the Hyatt. Thanks for everything George and Mike!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Cristiansmommy
Reviewed March 19, 2012

My nine-year old son and I had a great stay at the Boatel. Beautiful location; great outdoor space for my son to run around fishing and cathcing minows, for me to relax with a book. These are several old houseboats floating together in a small marina, and the price is a bargain. Its a funky Keys location and a good vibe.

Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family