Open today: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Review Highlights
100% worth it

I did lots of research and finally chose DPMMR because it was a non profit. I am so happy I did... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Morgan B
Montague, Massachusetts
A day at Dolphins Plus

What an outstanding experience! The Trainers were experienced and truly loved the Dolphins. It... read more

Reviewed yesterday

from $49.04
from $55.00
from $55.12
More Info
All reviews dolphin experience amazing experience interactive experience non profit photo package amazing animals bucket list item highly recommend this experience once in a lifetime staff was very friendly deep water natural swim a lot of fun the florida keys mammals trainers wade
Selected filters
Reviewed January 9, 2020

We went to the keys to scuba dive. Seas did not cooperate. No diving on our dive vacation, glad they suggested the Dolphins Plus. The pictures are great!!!

Date of experience: December 2019
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Andrea P, Guest Relations at Dolphins Plus Marine Mammal Responder, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2020

We are happy that you decided to do a program with Dolphins Plus Marine Mammal Responder! Please enjoy your photos and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 8, 2020

This is a must stop for locals and visitors. The facility and trainers/responders/staff where absolutely amazing, educated and knowledgeable. This was a bucket list item for a long time. Thank you for making it awesome!

1  Thank HalleyInTheKeys
Andrea P, Guest Relations at Dolphins Plus Marine Mammal Responder, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2020

Thank you so much for your kind words! Every review helps to spread the word about our facility and we truly appreciate every one! We are so happy you had a wonderful time at our facility and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 7, 2020

My kids love dolphins and this place is a must visit for anyone like that. They were able to touch and interact with two dolphins in waste deep water. I'm sure they will remember it for ever. This facility is a Marine Mammal Rehabilitation center so the money also goes to a good cause

Date of experience: December 2019
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Your support helps us to continue our work as the only dolphin and whale responding unit in the Florida Keys! We appreciate all of our guests who visit and are interested in helping these beautiful creatures and their counterparts in the wild! Thank you so much for spreading the word about our facility! Please visit us again soon!

Reviewed January 7, 2020

This was my first time having a dolphin experience with my husband and our 14 month old baby girl! Our baby got to touch a dolphin from the dockside while I held her. It was such a precious moment that I have been waiting a long time for! My husband and I got to get in the water with the dolphins and he said "it was the coolest experience of his life!" I couldn't agree more! Wendy was our trainer and was absolutely AMAZING!! All the staff was very professional and friendly. I highly recommend this place! I have been to a bunch of places where you get to swim with dolphins and I can honestly say this place is my favorite! <3

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thank you so much for your kind review of our facility! We are so happy to hear that your family enjoyed your dolphin experience with Wendy! She knows how to make sure everyone has a wonderful and educational time! We hope that you decide to visit us again at DPMMR. Thank you again for your review!

Reviewed January 7, 2020

We bought the dolphin interaction that was over $200 per person for the better experience. Needless to say, it wasn't that great. After the 30 mins of going over the dolphins, etc., our kids went over to a certain space. One of the kids was scared so didn't go in the water and just sat on the side and interacted somewhat when the trainer called the dolphin over. The other two were enthusiastic in the water. The dolphins did some interaction with the two kids for about 15 mins sporaticaly. They pushed from them from their feet, jumped over the while pole and did some spinning in the water. After that, the trainers told the kids to get out and go stand by the rope (thinking they were moving to the other side for additional interaction). That was it. Next thing we saw was all the staff putting their stuff away. It wasn't for 10 mins later when we were sitting there and someone walked by and I asked if they were done and the person scurried by and said yes. We spent a lot of money and would not go back. We've had much better experiences elsewhere. I get that this is a not for profit business but still for the amount we paid the kids were very disappointed.

1  Thank mseholla
Andrea P, Guest Relations at Dolphins Plus Marine Mammal Responder, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2020

We appreciate your review and would like to address your concerns.  We start off all our programs with a 30 minute educational briefing.  As advertised, education is a large aspect of our organization and one we take very seriously.  During a typical briefing, you will be taught on conservation, dolphin anatomy, and what to expect during your program.

Our prices are comparable to other dolphin facilities in the area.  As per our cancellation policy,  we do not refund within 24 hours of your program.  Therefore, our trainers will do everything they can for guests who are nervous to get in the water.  During your program, one of the children decided not to participate in the Interactive Swim.  Instead of ending the program for that child, another trainer worked on the dock so they were still able to meet and have an interactive experience with a dolphin. During this experience, the trainer asked several times whether or not the guest would like to participate in the water and the answer was always no.

We would also like to address the amount of time spent in the water.  As we mention on our website and during our reservation process, the Interactive Swim is not based on time but the number of behaviors a guest will do.  This allows our dolphins to check on each other and gives them the option to participate during programs without penalizing your time.

We truly apologize that you were unhappy with your program and hope that these explanations help to clarify how our facility operates.