“Wonderful for families”

Sundiver Snorkeling Tours
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed October 26, 2013

My husband and I have snorkeled before but our kids (13, 11, 9, and 6) have not. Sundiver was a great choice for their first time... Super friendly staff, good amount of snorkeling time, and they took us to a more sheltered reef due to rougher seas today. We saw beautiful fish, reefs, jellyfish, and even a sting ray! Great value and a wonderful first experience for our kids. Thank you, Sundiver--we will recommend you to anyone looking for a good, family-friendly snorkeling outfit in the Keys!

1  Thank Bjcrim97

Reviewed October 13, 2013

My husband and I used to live in Key Largo so we knew about the Sundiver business and its reputation for providing a safe and fun trip for all ages. We had never been on a tour. We now live in the Tampa area and so decided to take a weekend getaway in August to the Keys. One of the highlights of our weekend was a trip on the Sundiver. We stopped at Sundiver Station located at MM 103 to purchase our tickets and get some general information on the trip. Sundiver Station is a very unique large red building that looks like a train station. You cannot miss it. The staff were very helpful and knowledgable and the store is full of very cool souvenir items at reasonable prices.

The Sundiver is docked at the Holiday Inn, which is about 3 miles south of Sundiver Station. The snorkel boat is about 46 feet long and was very comfortable and roomy as we made our way out to the reef. The staff on board provided detailed instructions on the equipment and assured us that they were very concerned for our safety as we snorkeled the magnificent reef. We had a wonderful day as we experienced the beauty of nature underwater.

This is really a wonderful trip and it only takes about 3 hours out of your vacation day to witness some of the most extraordinary tropical fish and coral. I read over some of the less than positive reviews and I wish that everyone could have had a positive experience like my husband and I had that day. Everyone deserves a second chance so make sure you try this trip more than once.

1  Thank CarolF91
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I took my wife and daughter on their first snorkeling trip and it was FANTASTIC! I told the captain and Mary that it was their first time snorkeling and Mary helped ease them into the water. There were about 27 people on the boat so there was lots of room to swim around. The instructions that were provided were very easy to follow and the spot we snorkeled was beautiful. We were able to see lots of fish. There were only about 5 or 6 jellyfish but they were easy to swim around. I just wish I had brought a better camera with me to take underwater pics. All in all, Sundiver Snorkeling Tours in Key Largo know what they are doing. They have this tour down to a fine science. Thanks for the wonderful memories.

Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

This was the second snorkeling tour we took at John Pennencamp. Sundivers took us to White Banks Reef. We booked a 9 am trip on a Sunday. There were a total of 10 people on the boat so we had tons of space! Also, there were only a couple of other boats at the reef so we were basically the only snorkelers in the water. Unfortunately, there were large jellyfish in the water so I spent most of my time in a jellyfish panic however since they were very big, it was easy to spot them and swim around them. We saw squid, which was a treat. The reef is very shallow and the fish come very close to swimmers. I was a bit concerned about being so close to the coral. I would go with sundivers again, as they were friendly, polite, and helpful.

2  Thank MsAoKay
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We found Sundiver after having our Looe Key trip cancelled 2 days in a row due to bad weather. We didn't want to go home without snorkelling on the keys. The trip was great! The crew was very warm and helpful and also warned us of jellyfish. For all you complainers out there, they move very slow and predictably, and are quite easy to avoid!! We also got to see lots of fish, and corals. The water was warm, calm and fairly clear considering a storm had just gone through. Overall great experience, and great for beginner snorkelers.