“Always a crowd-pleaser”

Sundiver Snorkeling Tours
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We first tried Sundiver many years ago on the recommendation of a friend. We'd had a bad experience with another company and the friend told us Sundiver is always great. That advice was spot-on! We've been snorkeling with Sundiver and bringing houseguests for many years.

Sundiver chooses the site based on weather conditions to ensure the safest, easiest, and most comfortable snorkeling. They are usually the first boat to the reef and pick a good spot to tie up.

Directions for the best viewing and where to swim are clear and the captain and his assistant are friendly and helpful. They make sure everyone has plenty of time on the reef.

We've taken family and friends ranging from 6 years old to more than 60 years old, and the Sundiver snorkeling trip is usually the highlight of their vacation--for one group, it was a far bigger highlight than Disney!

1  Thank athena-fl
"dry rocks"
"underwater camera"
"life jackets"

Reviewed December 30, 2012

We made a reservation for the 3:00pm snorkeling tour. We were traveling from just north of Fort Lauderdale where our hotel was located. It was a Saturday and traffic driving down to the keys was stop and go the last 15 miles to Key Largo. They said to be there at 2pm to purchase tickets. I called just before 2pm and told them we'd be there but were stuck in traffic. I called at 2:25 pm just a couple miles from them and said we would be there in just a few minutes. She then told me there were no more spots for my family of five. Needless to say we were very upset and dissapointed. My kids were really looking forward to it. I understand if you don't show ten to fifteen minutes before they can sell your spot, but we were in contact with them and showed almost a full half an hour before the boat left. So no snorkeling for us and a long drive back:(

6  Thank Northerner040
SnorkelDaddy, Public Relations Manager at Sundiver Snorkeling Tours, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

First let me say sorry your missed the trip to go Snorkeling, We strive to show everyone a great time. Also, let me say I think its unfair you gave us a 1 star out of 5 because of heavy traffic causing you to miss the deadline to purchase your tickets. Company policy is to purchase tickets one hour before and you were 30 minutes late. This 2 weeks of the year is our busiest and have to stick to company policy to fill the boat with customers we need to make it through the slow seasons (Which will be for the next 3 months). We have people all the time say they are 15min away or 20min away and then never show up, or get lost, or change their mind and never call back. Then we are stuck with empty spots on the boat. This is why the 1 hour policy is enforced. We are very sorry and did not intentionally want to cause you a wasted trip. To give us 1 star and hurt our hard work of getting a 5 stars average for running a wonderful snorkel trip when it was not our fault is not fair. There was heavy traffic and you were 30 min late, Very Sorry. I hope one day if you are back we can make it up to you and show you why we have a 4 1/2 star average and hopefully you will want to share your ACTUAL experience with others and I guarantee you will be putting 5 stars, we offer the best snorkel tour in town and our customers always leave the boat happy.... Again, Sorry and have a great New Year.... PR Rep Mike Theiss

Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

The staff Matt n Capt. Albert were in charge of our tour and it was amazing. From clear instruction, safety tips and the suggestions of the best snorkeling area in the reef. This company has been in town for many years, I don't know why I wait too long for an excellent review. Real people who truly care in protecting our natural resources, saving and keeping alive our reef community. Excellet educational experience. Great job guys!!

2  Thank Alberto M
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Wonderful tour. The staff at the office were so helpful and full of information. The crew on the dive boat were amazing. I am a very experienced diver and snorkeler, but everyone else on the boat were first timers and the crew handled all of our varied questions and needs perfectly. The reef selected was great with sightings of shark, turtles, eagle rays and other great sea life. Excellent value and I am looking forward to my next trip to the area so I can head out again with Sundiver.

1  Thank MattSkinner