“Perfect for Scuba Diving Key Largo”

Courtyard by Marriott Key Largo
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Key Largo
Reviewed January 12, 2008

I have been a little lax in my reviews the past few months. Last fall I visited the Key Largo Ramada twice: once with my wife and once with a buddy. For scuba diving, snorkeling, and deep sea fishing the Ramada is perfectly located and reasonably priced. I am not sure that this is where I would go if I wanted a “beach vacation.” There is no beach; it is just a “motel pool.” But the rooms are big enough. The air conditioning works well. There is both an outdoor shower and an indoor shower by the pool for rinsing yourself and your gear off before heading to your room. The small balconies work for drying your stuff out. The “executive” breakfast room is included but a bit small, although I was always able to get what I wanted to eat.

The best part of the Ramada is you can walk out of the hotel and the dive boats are waiting. Moreover, there are plenty of bars, and restaurants within easy walking distance for lunch and dinner. The Ramada is cheaper than the Holiday Inn which is on the other side of the canal, but other than the Holiday Inn having a pool bar, I can’t see any real difference. If you want to avail yourself of the Holiday Inn’s pool bar, walk over there. They will take your money.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Kerwin G
There are newer reviews for Courtyard by Marriott Key Largo

Reviewed December 26, 2007

Stayed one night in mid dec 2007. $100 was a good price.
Large room with balcony.
Perfect for one or two night stays.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank roger_engstrom
Reviewed December 24, 2007

We stayed 2 nights at Ramada and enjoyed our stay very much. Perfectly located at the Marina, very quiet (room towards Marina), absolutely clean and friendly-enough staff. Only drawback is the (complementary) breakfast that could offer coffee and food of somewhat better quality.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank claudelux
Reviewed December 17, 2007

My wife and I stayed one night (friday) during the slow season. Our room was nice and fairly large. This standard room came equipped with a refrigerator and balcony. You really shouldn't pay extra money for any special balcony views, ours was fine. The free breakfast was pretty good. Pool and hot tub were nice. Only issue we had was that the lock on our patio sliding glass door wouldn't lock. We didn't discover it until after we had settled in and didn't want to bother changing rooms. I would definitely recommend this hotel for either an overnight or week long stay.

Stayed: December 2007
1  Thank AU-GNV-FL
Reviewed October 29, 2007

I booked our stay at this hotel through a dive shop website [--]. This property was selected based on price and convience for our intended activities. Although we had a slight mishap upon check-in (the room rates weren't adjusted), the late night attendant was professional and helpful. Our room was generous and clean, set up for drying equipment and well maintained. The continental breakfast offered was tasty, well stocked, clean and staffed. The dive center was located right on the marina at the edge of the hotel parking lot. The staff at the Rainbow Reef Dive Center was professional, courteous and a load of fun! This is a good match for these two businesses. The only suggestion I would make to this hotel property would be to make their street signage more visable because when visitors are driving from Miami/Fort Lauderdale area and don't arrive until after dark they tend to go around in circles for a while until they eventually have to stop to ask directions in order to find it.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank caligirl1967
Reviewed October 6, 2007

I booked this hotel through Priceline and received an excellent price. The location was great for Key Largo, right off the main highway. It seemed rather empty for the week after Labor day weekend, but that's ok my husband and I liked the peaceful atmosphere.

I found the hotel to be very peaceful and pleasent. We had a balcony view of the Marina, which was very refreshing. The breakfeast was free and very good. I would really like to stay here again if I decide to visit Key Largo again.

The only low point was the air conditioning seemed a little old, and made a lot of noise. It was a bit irritating in the middle of the night. Overall, I was pleasently surprised by this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank dimplex99
Reviewed September 18, 2007

Stayed here for the the first night of our honeymoon, having previously stayed here back in 1994. Stayed in Room 399, which is a must as it has a larger balcony as it is located on the end of the building, with superb views of the canal/river and dock area of the harbour and some spectacular sunrises. Superb restaurants and nightime entertaiment in the harbour restaurants which are located around the hotel. Continental breakfast is provided. Rooms are clean and tidy and hotel staff pleasant and friendly. Nice pool and idealic setting. Excellent value for money.

Stayed: September 2007