“Wonderful Experience!”

Reef Roamer Snorkel
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Snorkeling and Sailing Adventure on a safe, comfortable and well-appointed catamaran.
Reviewed September 2, 2013

The crew was fabulous! Very informative; made us feel very comfortable. I took my four children snorkeling for the first time. My husband couldn't swim so he stayed behind. I was a bit concerned with my 8 yr old because he just started swimming in deep water but he did great! The only bad thing was that he got stung about 10 times by Jelly fish. All over his stomach and back. Unbelievable! I also got stung a few times; doesn't really hurt; went away by the next day. Other than that, we all had a great time! We boarded the boat by 9am and got back around 11:30am. I would highly recommend Reef Roamer Snorkel!

All reviews
"small group"
in 4 reviews
"great captain"
in 3 reviews
"john pennekamp state park"

Reviewed August 19, 2013

A fun catamaran boat, very stable in wind. Good warning about jellyfish (August is prime time for pink moons). Great crew very helpful and humorous too. Seas 4-6 was too much for me so only short swim, but enjoyed the boat ride and camaraderie..

1  Thank Kathie M
Reviewed August 15, 2013

First Mate was helpful to first timers and children and very personable and funny. Catamaran ride was nice ... who doesn't like a Cat ride? In no time we out on the reef snorkeling, and we were fortunate to have average visibility and saw sea rays, jellyfish and a variety of fish and coral.

1  Thank DrJCoff
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Purchased a Groupon for snorkeling for two people for $36. Wasn't sure how good it would be but we had a great time! The reservation process was painless, the location was easy to find, and the boat itself was clean and well maintained. The day was a little choppy with winds at 15-25 knots so I was a little worried about how the kids would do but Captain John and first mate Allen were phenomenal in their instructions and explanations of sea conditions. They were very safe in all they did and ensured everyone understood that the waters were a little rough but nothing to be afraid of, however, they did stress repeatedly that weak swimmers should be extra cautious. I am a BOLD NON SWIMMER so I opted not to snorkel, but my party of 3 went and had a blast. In speaking to Captain John, he was very safety conscious and he was not going to risk anyone getting hurt or have a bad experience. Allen was always interacting with everyone (all 41 of us) and offered FREE beers and drinks to EVERYONE. Great crew, great trip and great time, even if I didn't get to enjoy the water, I thoroughly enjoyed the ride! Highly recommend this location and will definitely be going out again and again and again!

1  Thank Miami_Honest