“Nice Boat...Great Mates...Small Fish”

Sailors Choice Party Fishing Boat
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We were a party of 4 looking to go fishing in the Keys for under the standard $600 price tag. Sailors Choice was located at the marina near our hotel and offered the half day trip for $40pp. I guess you get what you pay for because although the boat was pristine clean, and the crew were fun and attentive, the few fish that were caught by any of the 10 people aboard were small and for the most part thrown back.

It was so nice to get out on the water, although it was rather cool and windy. We were allowed to bring our ice chest of adult beverages and smoking was allowed. We went to 2 different locations to fish spending about an hour or so at each. The trip out and back took 45 minutes each way eating up our 4 hours. The head was clean and we enjoyed the trip making it worth the $40 each that we paid just to get on a boat and out on the water.

Would recommend the trip for the on water experience and novice fishing.

2  Thank pednurse
There are newer reviews for Sailors Choice Party Fishing Boat

Reviewed February 28, 2013

we had hoped to do a split charter, but when it didnt come together rather than springing for a $600 half day we went with this $40 per person half day option. It was nice to be out on the water, and the deck mates are kind and helpful. its good for families but a bit of a disappointment next to what we were hoping for. But we both caught a few fish, and took them home cleaned and filleted

1  Thank erinrc
Reviewed February 17, 2013

My 2 boys (7 and 10) and I went fishing on the Sailor's Choice. Josh was fantastic and made sure that both of my boys caught a fish, he was great. The setup of a party fishing boat makes it difficult to catch more than just 1 or 2 fish (if even) unless you are in the back of the boat. That said, the Sailor's Choice boat is clean and easy to find. Everyone was friendly and helpful. I took my family down for my son's 10th birthday (all he wanted was to go ocean fishing). He was disappointed with the fishing and frustrated because of the amount of people fishing on the boat (limited fishing space, lines getting tangled) and the fact that the regulars at the back caught most of the fish. It was a fun to take the boat ride out and back, but the fishing was honestly just OK. My son did a backcountry charter trip for his big birthday gift and, although a bit more expensive, much better if you (or your kids) actually want to catch fish.

1  Thank MichMomto3
Reviewed February 13, 2013

good crew very helpful went out with the 14 times in the 2 monthe i was there
had some very good trips crew switched from top water to bottom fishing as needed

Reviewed February 11, 2013

We went out today with Mike and Jamie. I must say it was an awesome adventure! Fishing wasn't the greatest, as they werent biting, but they really tried to make it good for everyone. They even took us to three different places to try and wrangle up some fish. There weren't very many of us on the trip, which made it even better. Jamie was really fun to hang with, and has a great sense of humor. I would highly recommend them to everyone!