“Great Fishing Trips”

Sailors Choice Party Fishing Boat
Key Largo, Florida, United States
“Great Fishing Trips”
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Best in Key Largo, friendly staff, great mates, excellent captain, and plenty of fish, the only choice! From your regular Bahamian fishing buddy

Visited May 2012

DeLand, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun for the whole family”
Reviewed March 30, 2012

We took our 12 year old and two 4 year olds on a fishing trip today and it was awesome. The captain was great and was very hands on. The first mate, Josh, was SO FANTASTIC! He helped us, entertained us, and got the whole boat excited about a trip out to sea. We had maybe 20 people on the boat and nearly everyone caught a fish-most of us thanks to the wonderful crew. Yes, you have to bait your own hook some of the time, but they do everything else. What a sensational value!

1 Thank YayitsAmanda
Homestead, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Bad experience... no fish caught!! All about tipping the mate”
Reviewed March 26, 2012

I've been on many party boats in my life and this was my worst experience so far. Me and my friends got skunked big time. The mate must of repeated himself 10 times during the trip about how he makes his living off of tips. My suggestion to him is stop that ...it's obnoxious and if you want people to tip you more tell your captain to spend some gas money to look for spots where there's fish and also don't be so cheap with the chumming!

3 Thank John V
Minneapolis - South of the River
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Interesting experience...”
Reviewed March 24, 2012

Not wanting to drive to Robbie's in Islamorada, we were runnin late that morning, we opted for Sailor's Choice new boat. It was clean and organized. Our mate was Jamie and he did a good job and was funny an the capitan and his mate were very nice. Unfortunately we had 3-4' swells and myself, although fully dramamined, dry heaved twice and well two other guys on our side of the boat chucked buckets that I was unfortunately a witness to along with the rest of our boat side fishers:( capitan was concerned about me and was very nice and comforting as I looked at the horizon and attempted to convince myself that I would live:) unfortunately the rear of the boat patrons caught most of the fish. My boys ages 10 & 13 were really disappointed about such. Idn if the bait was fresh or not, although the mini squid was sure cute bait! Was also a bummer as we visited the Tarpon at Robbie's in Isla and happened upon a party boat's monster catch of fish there. Idn where Robbie's goes and maybe it was a fluke, but we will always wonder if the bait or lack of throwing chum? Out the front of the boat to attract the fish would have created the fishing trip experience we were expecting/hoping for. Thank Sailor's choice tho for being nice folks to the kids and adults alike:). P.S. the boat's paint job was cool.

Deerfield Beach, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“THE ABSOLUTE BEST FISHING TRIP I HAVE EVER BEEN ON”
Reviewed March 11, 2012

My boyfriend and I went on the am fihing trip as well as the afternoon fishing trip. I have to say the Captain (Joe) and Mate (Josh) were EXTREAMLY helpful and knowledgeable. They made sure EVERYONE had a great time and were there when you needed them. I have been fishing almost my whole life and have had some bad experiences. This was THE BEST by FAR!!!! I really enjoyed it and had a great time!!! No need for the bad reviews that I have read.....I nor my boyfriend didn't have ONE bad thing to say....We will DEFINATLY be back!!!

3 Thank XWandaX