“Sailors Choice is a good choice....”

Sailors Choice Party Fishing Boat
Reviewed November 11, 2011

I always have a great time fishing with this boat. Granted one cant slay the fish every time out but I havent been skunked yet either. Ive fished all the party boats throughout the Keys and have to say this one is the best by far. A friendly helpfull crew that knows how to catch fish, the cleanest party boat you will ever see, and a more then fair price too. Im glad to have this boat right in my neighborhood.

1  Thank Gliderider2003

Reviewed June 9, 2011

My boyfriend and I went deep sea fishing over memorial day, needless to say we both got a little seasick. The captains were wonderful and provided us with water and slowly went to less rough water. All in all even though I didn't especially feel well. I definitely recommend this to others.

1  Thank caralg
Reviewed February 27, 2011

I am a Homestead local and visit the Sailors choice about twice a month. This is one of the best boats I have been on, the boat is clean, welcoming and very sea worthy, the crew is great, and they do there best to get you on the fish. There are diferent captains and mates, some of these reviews are pretty negative and I can be sure that it is due to one captain , the primary skipper is only concerned with passenger safety and satisfaction. He often throws out a live ballyhoo, or sinks one to the bottom, In the year or so I have been fishing with them I have seen him hook many many fish but never pull one in, he always gives it to a passenger (usually kids). Both mates are great, not only do they do all of the dirty work: untangling your lines, de hooking your fish, and cleaning them back at the dock, but also extremely helpful and informative, they can fill you in on everything from restaraunts, bars, and sights to see. Another thing I really like about this is there four hour trips,in the summer the heat can be very intense, most party boats dont have air conditioning, and you can be stuck out there for 8 hours. Also if you take the morning trip, you can be back in time for a late lunch and still have a full afternoon. I reccomend this boat to every one.

3  Thank ankles90
Reviewed February 6, 2011

Don't believe what you read in the other reviews; I took my 2 lads (17 and 14) and here are the facts as I see them; Josh the mate worked so hard - and with passion - to give everyone a good time, as did the Captain (Joel?). They were so helpful and professional, nothing was too much trouble. We went to 4 fishing spots, 2 of which were amazing (we caught enough to feed 5 people and we are real amateurs too!) and the other 2 were poor, but hey that's the nature of fishing. Although Josh made it clear that he works for tips, he didn't hassle about this, we could have walked away without giving him anything but we chose to give him $40 because he worked SO hard to make our day a success. Thanks Sailor's Choice!

3  Thank Terry H
Reviewed January 13, 2011

Reading the other reviews, I tend to side with the positive ones rather than those that found no value in the trip. After all - for $40 what can you expect? It is the cheapest deal I have found in the Keys for a party boat. The two of us caught nothing, while others on either side of us were catching fish - go figure. Yes, our lines got crossed in the current too many times. Yes, the Captain moved the boat twice seeking better fishing. Yes, Josh and the crew were very polite and helpful to everyone. Yes, the crew, using spinning rods, were the ones hooking the big Mangrove Snapper - then giving the poles to customers to reel them in and keep them. If you're looking for Ernest Hemingway class ocean fishing - you'll need to spend a lot more. If you're looking for four hours on the water in the beautiful ocean off of Key Largo - possibly with an added chance of catching something - the Sailor's Choice is this retired Sailor's choice.

2  Thank jerryh65