“Above and beyond”

Silent World Dive Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Our uncrowded boats carry a maximum of 12 or 18 scuba divers, giving you a more relaxed and personal experience. Professional Guides and Instructors can provide a full range of recreational and technical services.
Columbus, Ohio
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Above and beyond”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2010

My wife and I went to Key Largo as just - certified divers and my wife was a bit apprehensive about diving in the ocean. After asking around on the dive forums and with friends, Silent World kept coming up. I called and talked to Avery who took the time to answer my questions and understood that we needed more than a guide so I went ahead and booked the trip. Hale was our guide for most of the trip and was he fantasic - he helped my wife feel comfortable and spent a lot of time working with her to improve her skills, even though he was "just" a guide. Apparently all of their guides are also instructors. Even our captain, Bob, was great. He took the time to get a sense for everyone's comfort level and carefully chose the dive sites that would be appropriate for our level of experience. We had a great trip and I would highly recommend Silent World.

Chicago
“Great boat and awesome sho p”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2010

I just finished GUE Tech 1 With Bob Sherwood through Silent World Dive shop and the owner Chris Brown was awesome. We often stayed over well past shop hours to review the days diving and lecture material. The boat crews are also awesome and they had some of the cheapest prices on Halcyon gear. I highly recommend them for technical diving or recreational stuff.

Columbus, Ohio
“Great three days of dives – morning & afternoon with Silent World, Key Largo.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2010

I highly recommend Silent World in Key Largo. Excellent dive site selection, great staff – helpful and knowledgeable of the sites and diving – and easy people to work with from first contact (for me by email about a month in advance) to the last day.

Because their boats are located on the north end of the island – and no other dive operators are – they have short trips out to great reef and wreck locations that other boats never (or rarely) go to. Plus Silent World captains go to dive sites where from experience they have a good idea visibility is going to be good or great. The two captains that my son and I went on trips with both had more than 10 years experience in these waters.

We are medium skill divers from Ohio and we enjoyed dives ranging to 70 feet but mostly in the 25 to 45 foot range. Wildlife was everywhere (turtles, nurse sharks, lobster, barracuda, stingray) even during a late December week.

Every person from Silent World we met or dove with (about 10 people) had a great attitude and was friendly and professional. Honestly, these are good people and an excellent operation.

Prices were great (we rented only tanks and weights).

If you plan to dive the Key Largo area, north Keys or John Pennekamp State Park, Silent World Dive Center would be an excellent choice from our experience.

Moultrie, GA
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Fantastic service and trips”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2009

Four of us traveled to Key Largo in August 2009 for Silent Worlds annual Wreckfest. Wreckfest is a long weekend event that gives divers with technical dive training a chance to dive nothing but wrecks. Depending on the depth of the wreck, you have the opportunity to make one long deco dive or two shorter dives on the shallower wrecks but most divers opt for one long dive.

This was our first time to attend Wreckfest, and we had a blast. Our group was able to make 90+ minute dives on the Spegiel Grove, the Bibb, and the Doc DeMillie. Chris, his captains and crew, and the ladies in the shop went out of their way to help us. It was a busy weekend for them especially in getting custom nitrox or trimix orders for a number of divers at the end of the day, and they performed flawlessly for us. We look forward to next years event. The part I liked least was leaving and driving home :(

I also use Silent World for recreational diving with my daughter, the most recent being the summer of 2008. Service during these trips has been no less than what I described above.

Pennsylvania
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Good diving with Silent World”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2009

Dove with Silent World the first week of Nov 2009. Very good people to work with. I had a couple for rec dives and myself for tek dives. They worked with us to get the dives we all wanted. They will go out with only two in the boat - how can you beat that? Crews were good, a bit late getting out of the dock a couple times, but it never affected our dive. We were never rushed and always given good information about the dive site and conditions. I'd highly recommend them as I will be returning myself. Thanks Silent World!!