“Let's get wet!”

Silent World Dive Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Our uncrowded boats carry a maximum of 12 or 18 scuba divers, giving you a more relaxed and personal experience. Professional Guides and Instructors can provide a full range of recreational and technical services.
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Had an absolutely awesome time getting certified with a good friend of mine over June 18 - 20. Though it was my very first time diving, I don't believe it could have gone any better. Silent World's entire operation is a model of professionalism, and the staff's main focus was making sure all divers had a safe and enjoyable experience. The captain and guides were all very knowledgeable of the area (on land and sea), and extremely helpful with equipment. I can't wait to get back in the water with Silent World!

Todd_A105, Manager at Silent World Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Thank you for your awesome review! I am glad you had such a great time and enjoyed yourself! Jon is just one of our awesome instructors and he thoroughly enjoyed teaching you! Look forward to you coming back and continuing your diving education!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

What a trip! A friend and I recently became scuba dive certified through Silent World and it couldn't have been a more enjoyable experience. Dive Master Jon met us at the shop and helped us complete all of our paper work then took us to the pool for introductory training. He was very knowledgable and had a calming presence about him that helped in the ocean. All skills were thoroughly covered both in the pool and in the ocean. Captain Todd took us to the best dive sites in the reef and did everything he could to make sure we were safe and had a memorable experience on the boat. I can't wait to go back and continue with my dive certifications!

Hello! Thank you very much for your great review! I am glad that Silent World and the team exceeded your expectations and you had such a great time! We really enjoyed having the two of you around! We all look forward to having you back and diving and continuing your education with the Silent World team!

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Dove with my family, to include an 11 year-old and had a wonderful time. The staff was very friendly, professional and proficient. Todd, our boat captain always had a great plan for each day and the dive guides executed those plans flawlessly. Only needed rental gear for one diver, but we were impressed with the quality of the gear. Great stuff, well maintained. Weather got better each day which really enhanced the experience. While this was by necessity, a shallow reef trip, they are noted for their support of technical diving and I had a previous experience with them diving the Spiegel Grove which was also excellent. The shop is exceptional as well. Overall, a very well run operation.

1  Thank LWJohnsen
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed in Key Largo the first week of June 2013. Due to the storms, a good portion of our trip was stuck on land, but we were able to have the pleasure of diving with Silent World on a Friday afternoon.

We don't have much equipment so we rented theirs. We did have wetsuits. Note that wetsuits are not part of the standard equipment package and are extra to rent (this is the case for almost all dive centers in Key Largo).

The staff at the retail shop is very friendly and helpful. They informed us that they do two dives a day and normally one is a deep dive and one is a more shallow dive. We did the shallow dive as we are not yet certified for the greater depths. Each dive is two tanks and two locations. Their trips are limited to 12 people. Most of the bigger dive shops will throw 30 people on a boat.

We arrived at the location early and waited a while before anyone showed up (we were told to show up early, but the boat was running a little late). Another couple that was diving showed up right when the boat did. The dive staff was extremely friendly and helpful getting us set up with some nice rental gear (The BCDs were nearly brand new). Even though there were only 4 people diving total, we still went out. I was very happy that our trip didn't get canceled.

We dove out at elbow reef, which was very nice. We were able to see some relatively shallow wrecks and some coral. The captain of the boat was very helpful and showed us exactly where to dive and what to expect to see. The boat was pretty nice and we were more than happy with Silent World. We will be diving with them in the future.

1  Thank ChrisB4779
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Do not hesitate to book a trip with this dive company. This was my second time diving with Silent World since April and they have proved to be top notch on both occasions. The boat was well kept and comfortable, the crew was very helpful and friendly, and the rental equipment was high quality. The crew put us on a shallow wreck for a night dive and then we dove a couple reefs the following day. Next time I am in the Keys I will be booking my diving with Silent World again.