“Great place!”

Silent World Dive Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Our uncrowded boats carry a maximum of 12 or 18 scuba divers, giving you a more relaxed and personal experience. Professional Guides and Instructors can provide a full range of recreational and technical services.
Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

We had recieved a gift certificate to silent world for Christmas. I am a beginner diver and kielan was our captain and he made our trip a lot of fun and was a big help. I highly recommend this dive shop to anyone looking for a good time with a great crew. Everyone that had a silent world shirt on (I.e. employees) were very nice and very helpful. I will definitely be returning.

1  Thank Lizball11
There are newer reviews for Silent World Dive Center

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I wanted to do a single dive to check out some repairs to my rebreather. Chris and the team at Silent world could not have made it easier. When I was unable to go on the first day they rolled my diving over to the next day as if it happened all the time. In the event the dive went off perfectly second time around.

The only things that surprised me for an outfit that is so well equipped for rebreather diving is that they were unable to fill O2 to 3000psi and the set up area by the dock was limited to a picnic table and a bench on pea rock gravel.

Nonetheless next time I'm in Key Largo I know where to go for a great rebreather experience.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

I had signed up for a package with another dive charter and had two poor dives with them. One of their boats had broken so they transferred us to Silent World for a wreck dive the next morning. What a lucky break! Once we dove with Silent World we decided to use them for the rest of our trip.

We had ten great dives in three days with Silent World. Chris and his crew were great and I learned a lot and picked up a ton of useful tips. They did not rush us at all and preferred to come back a bit late rather than to cut our dives short. They picked out reef spots that were off the beaten path so whereas seeing nothing interesting with the other company we say plenty of Turtles, Rays, Goliath Groupers and much better coral. They gave us excellent briefings on the wrecks which led to great dives.

We are planning on making Silent World an annual trip every Spring. I can't say enough good things about them.

2  Thank CaryNC3
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I've dove on lots of charters over the last 10 years, but Silent World is the only place I'll go in Key Largo. From the well stocked, inviting shop to the boat dock less than a mile or so away, this is the place to go! The boats are smaller than the larger outfits, but I prefer it that way. Chris, the owner, can be found anywhere from the front counter to doing technical training. The entire staff and crew are top notch and one can't help to make friends with them. Great diving was had on the Speigel Grove, Duane, Bibb, and had fun on three fingers reef and drift diving. If you want training, guided diving, gear, or just a ride out to the reef, this outfit is the one to go with. Already planning my next trip!

1  Thank Mark M