“Good Experience, They Will Show You A Good Time”

Silent World Dive Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Our uncrowded boats carry a maximum of 12 or 18 scuba divers, giving you a more relaxed and personal experience. Professional Guides and Instructors can provide a full range of recreational and technical services.
Reviewed May 31, 2011

We signed up for their trip out to Carysfort Light & Reef (Silent World is the only shop I found in Key Largo going out that far), a two-tank dive trip. The boat was a 10-diver rig, and there were six of us on board.

Unfortunately, we were delayed by a strong storm (waterspouts visible) and the seas were running pretty high, so they cancelled the Carysfort trip (would have been BRUTAL to try it in those seas) and took us to the Elbow instead. When we signed up for the dive, they had told us that the trip out there is always "weather permitting" since the seas can be a lot rougher out there.

We dove the wreck of the City of Washington and another site, and had good dives. Captain was helpful, tanks were all four at 3300 PSI in the sun.

We dove under the rule "back on the boat at 500 PSI or one hour bottom time, whichever comes first" as is standard for the keys. Captain gave standard briefing, no divemaster on the boat (also common for the keys).

Trip turned out to be good, would recommend this op no problem.

silentdive, Owner at Silent World Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2011

Wow! I remember the waterspouts, I think there were 12 reported on the radio. Im glad we managed to get you out and that you enjoyed the trip. Please come back so we can take you to Carysfort, its well worth it

Reviewed May 13, 2011

I'm a relatively new diver and completed my AOW certification while there. The staff at Silent World were excellent, had some great dives but most importantly felt very confident in their training. We went on some pretty deep dives and some dives at night and never once did I feel unsafe or unsure of myself. My dive master Avery was a great instructor - be sure to ask for him. Trying to plan my next trip back already. Definitely recommend.

1  Thank kmartens03m

Im glad you had a positive experience and thanks for taking the time to post. The wrecks here are so cool Im pleased Avery took you on them at night too.

Reviewed May 13, 2011

I have gone diving with Silent World twice now and both times had a great trip.

There's lots of things to see - from shallow reefs to incredible wrecks.

The staff were really great and went above and beyond to make sure our trip was perfect.

It ended off with a double dip night trip on the Spiegel Grove - that's an experience I will never forget!

I highly recommend these guys - they're great!

Reviewed May 9, 2011

We booked several dives with this center, the boats accomodate small groups, so the dives are less frantic. The staff are all extremely knowledgable and very helpful, they went above and beyond expectations. They offer charters several different dive sites, including the Bibb, a wreck less visited by other shops in the area. I will definitely be diving with them again the next time I venture out to Key Largo.

1  Thank atlas1209

We had a blast with your group, glad you all enjoyed it. The Bibb is a great wreck, dont understand why more people dont dive it? Thanks for the review!

Reviewed May 6, 2011

Myself and 2 friends made the decision to use Silent World after many recommendations. The three of us were extremely happy with not only the friendly nature of the instructors and staff, but also with how welcoming and accommodating Silent World was. I was certified during this trip, and I have to say that I couldn't imagine a better experience. They made it soo easy to adapt to life underwater. Thx Silent World

The shop is nice and large, the boats are comfortable and I'll say it again - "The Silent World team was awesome"!
Thanks again to Casey for setting us up and being soo helpful over email and the phone. Chris for taking care of us and helping us day to day and instruction, and of course Andrew for helping me "get my feet wet" while I obtained my Open Water certification... he really make it and enjoyable experience!

We'll see you guys in September!!!

I STRONGLY RECOMMEND SILENT WORLD!

Colin