“Absolutely brilliant!!!”

and up
2-Day Miami South Beach Adventure from Orlando
Ranked #2 of 72 things to do in Key Largo
More attraction details
Owner description: Our dolphin swims and Sea Lion Encounters are available to the public throughout the year and are a great addition to your Florida vacation. Meet and interact with our dolphins in our hands-on Structured and Shallow Water Dolphin Swims or snorkel freely alongside the dolphins in our Guided Natural Dolphin Swim program for the dolphin encounter of a lifetime. If sea lions are your favorite, book one of our sea lion encounters and meet one of the cutest marine mammals on earth.
Reviewed August 27, 2013

On our recent trip to Florida my son (aged 8) desperately wanted to swim with the dolphins. We were staying in Orlando so I researched Discovery Cove etc but the price inc spectators put me off (we were travelling in a group of 7 but with only 2 swimmers). We wanted to do an overnight trip down to Miami anyway so I researched local dolphin attractions close by. Key Largo is about 1 hr 15 mins from Miami South Beach but was well worth the drive. We decided on the first swim of the day (9.15am), firstly we had an introduction and overview about dolphins etc and then we were spilt into small groups. In our group there was myself and my son and another party of 3, myself ad my son were able to get into the water first with 2 dolphins and it was astounding!! The dolphins were so lovely and the trainers and staff were friendly and encouraging (my son was a little nervous about being in such deep water). They dolphins performed a number of interactions and we were in the water for about 15/20 mins...it was fantastic!! I'll be sure to visit again when my daughter is old enough to swim.

2  Thank Katie G

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Our visit to dolphins Plus on 8-20-13 turned out to be a very profound experience for me and my wife. Having grown up with flipper on TV, it was always my dream to have a close encounter with these magnificent creatures. The staff was very knowledgeable, friendly and courteous. Our assigned trainer, Luke was excellent and guided us through the program with ease. I don't know the exact amount of time we spent in the pool with the dolphins because we were so focused on the overall experience, but is seemed like an hour and I would gladly do it all over again.

1  Thank Enrique C
Reviewed August 23, 2013

This place is awesome!
I booked the morning trip on a Saturday and i was all by myself! No other customers! I had 6 dolphins all to myself!
First you get lots of information about the dolphins. This was presented to me by a very sweet intern from England. She did a great job explaning how this facility works with the dolphins, about their anatomy, behaviours, life and their individual dolphins.
Then i got in the water to play with the dolphins and it was one of the greatest things i´ve ever done!
While i was in the water the different trainers kept explaning about the individuals. These guys are all about education people to understand dolphins better so we can protect them better in the wild!
Every single staff member was genuinly friendly and highly motivated. Most of them have been working with these animals for years, they still love what they do and it´s plain to see!
I felt very special, all this effort just for me!
It is not a cheap thing to do but it´s hard to put a price tag on an experience like that, it was just so amazing.
I could not wipe the grin of my face for the rest of the day!
A must do when you are in the area!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Me and my Boyfriend went here and both had the chance to interact with the dolphins, although it didnt last long this was a really good experience and i think we mad the right choice to do it here. It was much nicer being able to to play around and have the dolphins do things around, i just wish i hadnt been ill that day. My boyfriend loved it though and so did i have a really cool experience, it was this or doing it in orlando and i am glad we choose here, they also seem to care so much for the dolphins.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We had the best experience at the Dolphins Plus! My two younger siblings and I (14, 17 and 20) had the best day with the sweet dolphins! The staff at the center, where so professional and beyond nice! They gave us the best service we could ever ask for, and the dolphins was so clever and sweet! It was definitely worth every cent! It was a once in a lifetime experience!