“good coffee bad food”

Dennys Latin Cafe
Ranked #56 of 134 Restaurants in Key Largo
Cuisines: Latin, Cafe, Spanish, Cuban
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Columbia, South Carolina
“good coffee bad food”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I stopped to get cuban coffee at the walk up window prior to diving for a few mornings. The coffee was great so I decided to try the cuban food for dinner. It was awful. The food was very salty and just not very good. The service was terrible. the waitress, an older woman, was wearing a shirt that was too tight and her gut was showing between the shirt and her pants and the clothes she was wearing were in need of laundering. The place was just not like a good Cuban restaurant in Miami. My wife and I love Cuban food and we talked our friends into trying it and Wow! were we embarrassed.

• Visited November 2012

Texas
“Inconsistent cafe con leche”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We were driving from Miami to Key West and I just wanted a quick stop for a cafe con leche. I checked Trip Advisor and found Dennys Latin Cafe was in the vicinity. They have a walk-up coffee bar, and I ordered a cafe con leche. The older woman (I presume the owner) made me about the best coffee con leche I have ever had. The price was right ~ about $2 for a medium. I left very happy, and insisted we return on our drive back to Miami. This time, there was a young gal minding the shop, and I ended up with about the worst cafe con leche I have had. The coffee was not fresh and barely warm. Milk tasted old as well. It was so bad in fact that I had to stop and dump it out. I will stop there again, but if I see anyone but the older woman behind the counter, I will walk away.

• Visited January 2013
Carmichael, California
“found by accident-will return”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Were headed for next door Starbucks this January but decided we wanted a whole breakfast instead. The cook fixed us exactly what we wanted even though it wasn't on the menu. It came with the most delicious Cuban bread! Worth going to just for the toast.

• Visited January 2013
turgtusteynam
“Oh, thank heaven, and Cuba and this place.”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I love Cortadito. Haven't had one since 1980. Oh, it is so good, and it was perfect here. There is a certain essence to a good cup of Cortadito, and it was there. Oh, I miss it. Thanks, Denny's Latin Café.

Visited March 2013
Minnesota
“Food was Great!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Arrived with a party of 13. We had called ahead and they had table set and waiting for us. They also had Paella on special for $5 per bowl which was a great value. We ordered family style and could not have been happier. The food tasted great and prices were quite reasonable.

• Visited March 2013