Key Largo Cottages
MB at Key Largo(Key Largo)(Great Value!)
$199
$203
$143
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Courtyard by Marriott Key Largo(Key Largo)(Great Value!)
$193
$131
Courtyard
Coconut Palm Inn(Key Largo)
$189
$170
Seafarer Resort and Beach(Key Largo)(Great Value!)
$117
$225
$198
All reviewskey lime sailing clubwater toystiki hutthe main housethe cottageslaid backpaddle boardsfun relaxingfishing gearother guestsbuttonwood soundgreat vacationcookie cutterkeys tripgas grillspring breakstaff was friendly and helpful
Reviewed March 9, 2010

Great cottages, ours was facing the Florida Bay and the sail boats. It was awesome! I have some great photos from our free sunset sail with Captain Paul. Our cottage was large with a jacuzzi tub and kitchenette. The staff was so friendly and accommodating. We met several wonderful people there and shared a barbeque grilled dinner with them by candlelight. Then, the next day they took us sailing and a short sail lesson. We had such a great wonderful time, we plan to return next year and stay 7 nights and get certified sailing lessons. They allow you to take out one of their many boats on your own if you are certified. What a great place and we love you all, Paul, Rob, Theresa and all the staff. Such great times under the tiki hut talking and singing songs. Thank you Paui, for the wonderful free sunset sail. We saw the sunset from one side of the boat, then minutes later, turned around and saw the full moon rising from the other side of the boat. Thank you so much!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
6  Thank SingerHI
Reviewed January 28, 2010

This was my second trip to KLSC and as usual it meant all my expecatations. The captains quarters were clean & fine and the sailing was good. The weather was better than earlier this month which helped. The weather earlier was a freak of nature. Anyone from the north should not complain about 70 degree weather. Our boat was ready and nicely prepared and we really enjoyed our sailing experiences. Paul, the owners susnset sails were great and realaxing. If you go ask him about the "pirate song". The bay was pretty and breakfast at DJ''s across the road were incredible. We have always enjoyed this place as we are not "resort" people and really enjoyed the low key (no pun intended) experience of the club. It is not for everyone, but if you like quiet and sailing it is the place to be.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
4  Thank SailingBobbing
Reviewed December 3, 2009

Its a quaint slightly rustic place with friendly and helpful staff.
I enjoyed sailing with my sons, nearby snorkeling and so on,
The food at the little restuarant right there is awesome
THe place is fairly clean and they keep working to improve it.
It was cold and windy in the mid 70's of course back home it was about 8 degrees
If you like to sail its a really good value. They have lots of other water craft there for you to use also..We will be back for more

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
6  Thank D1Traveler
Reviewed October 27, 2009

We toured around Florida in an RV for the first time. We decided before leaving home in Scotland that we would stay here for 4nights. The price seemed very good and we thought we might be ready to get out of the RV for a few nights. We had read the reviews and knew (as guesthouse owners ourselves) that sometimes you cannot please everyone, so only paid attention to the positive comments. There are some people who just love to complain and yes, there are ants (so what!!) and yes maybe a little more sand would look nice. However none of these trivialities will spoil your holiday. If you arrive at Key Lime Cottages in the right frame of mind and embrace the wonderful experience of staying in this little slice of paradise, you will not be dissapointed! The staff were lovely, very laid back and never in a rush. Rob took the time to snorkel with our 9year old son and show him things of interest. Dusty cooked for us several times at the tiki hut (usually supplying the ingredients himself!!) Our son caught a fish (after being shown how by a fellow guest) and Dusty very kindly cooked it for him that evening along with some delicious pork and homemade salsa he brought from home! I had never snorkelled before (usually too concerned about my hair or things getting into my ears!) but the area around the boats is amazing, just alive with fish and all the equipment is provided. The staff also showed my son how to catch bait and helped him until he got it right!......so look beyond any dust that may (or may not!) be under the beds and be glad that you managed to find a great place, full of great people to vacation with. We will, without doubt be back here again.......To sneak out to the Tiki Hut early in the morning with our pancakes and coffee before the kids wake up, to laugh and drink beer in the evenings with the other guests and staff, to experience the lovely sunset cruise and friendly hospitality.......and for a thousand other reasons!!
Thank you everyone at Key Lime Cottages for our wonderful stay!!!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
7  Thank pollytrem
Reviewed July 20, 2009

Cost over $1,300 to stay for 5 nights. No laundry available on site. Had to ask for used towels to be removed and brought new for family of 4. Had to ask for anything you wanted or needed, no atttention to the guests. Went there primarily for use of sailboat for the week. Boats in sub-standard condition. Boat assigned had dangling outer molding, many very-frayed ropes, missing boom vang, rudder not the right one to fit boat, old water inside boat cabin on floor, exposed gears for swing keel, hatch did not stay open, sails blown out. Granted that the boat was still sailable but it was such a disappointment. Lots of little maintenance not being done on boats. I observed maintenance person (?) who sat in golf cart for about 2 hours, talking on cell phone and smoking. If I was the owner I would think that is a pretty long lunch break when there was so much that needed to be done. "Owner's" Cottage was sortof clean on the parts you can see. Floor not swept under couches (found out when little lizard had to be let out of the house), fridge shelves not clean with little grundge on all the edges, microwave loose in its mount under counter and full of crumbs on top vent, bathroom sink faucet so loose that it had to be in the middle to turn off hot water, hot water faucet in tub sprayed all over, no hooks to put wet suits/towels on, not to mention tiny ants or something on counters, floor etc. 2nd bed was too musty for teenager to sleep in, upper "loft" is not a safe sleeping location, so that left the very tired looking leather? half-couches for the children for 5 nights. Swept the deck and walk to the cottage myself. Broom in the cottage but no dust pan so not so helpful with the sand everywhere. Good kayaks, snorkels, fins, tiki hut and beach towels. Need to bring in a lot more sand as theirs was taken by hurricane so not much of a beach-feel, pretty rocky. The best part was that the bay setting was beautiful and beyond excellent and the other families/guests were wonderful with kids to play with all day long, also it is close to a good Waffle House for breakfast which had a friendly staff. KLSC has a beautiful setting, too bad it's not kept up the way it could be.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
8  Thank Armypeople
PaulKLSCowner, Owner at Key Largo Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2011

OK I am A bit late on responding on this ( 2 yrs) but here I go..

Guest:: First Problem, Cost over $1,300 to stay for 5 nights.

Owner: Did some one say what a Deal.... Just one 22 foot Catalina rented in Key Largo cost $250 per day, and our guest get their own 22' sailboat for every day of their stay for them and them only and a few different sailing destinations Like the mangrove Jungle cruse that involves Sailing and Kayaking in to a canape of mangrove water trails or the Island 5 miles out that has a sandy beach and a mud bath in the middle + we supply Kayaks, paddle boats, Canoes, Rowing Dory, Bicycles, Fishing and Snorkel gear and Free sun set cruse's on a 40 Catamaran with a water slide on it...Yep What a affordable deal..... ooo yea free wifi too.

Guest:: No laundry available on site, .

We have a winner.. we do not have on site Laundry but it is Just a short walk away next to the Walgreen, UPS store, Bank, Sandwich shop, flower shop and a few good restaurants..And if you would like our guest can use out 3 wheeled bike with a basket on back to get there.

Guest:: Had to ask for used towels to be removed . ,

We provide 3 towels per guest per 5 night stay if more are needed, Yes we supply fresh towels. Also each Cottage has a extra change of sheet in the cottage for every bed.

Guest:: Had to ask for anything you wanted or needed, no attention to the guests. ........
We walk each guest on check in around the resort to show were all the toys and attractions are located, guest are then given a list of things to do around the keys as well as contact numbers for all our staff. There is always staff available 24 -7 to help with any and all guest request.

Guest:: Boats.....

Our boats are cleaned and check after each guest checks it back in, some times a rub rail insert, or slightly scuffed line may be present, we have brand new main sails in 2009 and brand new 135 Jibs for most boats. I assure all that our rudders fit the boats...If some one would like to look it up a boom vang is an option when ordering a new Catalina 22, altho 8 or 9 out of out 12 Catalina 22's have them.

Guest:: I observed maintenance person (?) who sat in golf cart for about 2 hours, talking on cell phone and smoking.

Our Staff is taught if they smoke not to smoke around the Guest, and It is hard to believe one of my staff would set for 2 hours as they are way to energetic to set still that long.

Guest:: Owner's" Cottage was sortof clean,:

I personally inspect each cottage after each cleaning , I also periodically sleep in the cottages and make notes on things that could use improvement..
Our Cottages are super clean and if a guest finds any thing that the house keeper might have missed the house keeper would be sent back. Also when I do the cottage inspection I have a rule,If I find just one hair during cleaning I deduct $1 from house keepers Pay....( Thank you Al for the rule, Al is the Husband of my former husband and wife Teem)

Guest:: bathroom sink faucet so loose that it had to be in the middle to turn off hot water, hot water faucet in tub sprayed all over, no hooks to put wet suits/towels on,

Humm Hot and cold water come out of the same faucet in the tub, If one was broke i am sure it has been fixed and if some thing gets broke wile guest are using it it will get fixed instantaneously . we have an out side close line for wet suits and fresh water to to clean them.
Loft, This was my only daughters Loft bed room from 5 -10yrs old or so, she loves it to this day (Now 15), I think I would for surly have it Safe.

Guest:: very tired looking leather couches,

I Paid extra monie to the furniture Store for that Look......

Guest:: Swept the deck and walk to the cottage myself.,

We are in the tropical Florida Keys and yes the leaves do fall from the flowering tree providing shade above the wood deck, Deck can be sweeped daily guest just let us know their request to do so. .We normally don't have daily house keeping but if some one request it , it Will Happen, we try to keep our prices down. If a guest has a daily maid / house keeper at their own house we can accommodate that too.just Let us know in advance. Keep In Mind we are not A hotel. We have cottages with Sailboats and lots of other features not found anywhere else around the keys.

We do our very best to ensure each and every one of our guest have a vacation of a life time.

If you search on tripadvisor, face book & the net you will see many more great reviews and when you get here every cottage comes with a captains log book that our guest leave their memory's and their newly gained local knowledge in, like what they liked about our place, were the best restaurants are, and story's of their adventures.

Note: my name is Paul, I am the owner, I am a hands on owner, I live on the resort, I am here for any thing you need. My Job is to insure you have the best vacation Ever....... Every guest gets 4 telephone numbers on check in, that are good 24 hours a day 7 days a week, 1. For Me ( MY personal CELL phone), 2 . Reservations Cindy ( many guest extend once they get here), 3. House Keeping ( if any thing at all is needed ) 4. Maintenance ( from light bulbs to boats ). Our Staff is Very. very Accommodating.

If we get a guest that suggest some thing could be improved and we don't improve it on the spot, it is brought up at our daily 7 am meetings to explore the improvement possibility's ..

We are Key Largo Cottages at the Key Lime Sailing Club and we are here to make every one of your days in the keys a great day.