“Great day on the water” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 120 Tours in Key Largo
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A beautiful state park that features land and undersea adventures.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Sarasota, Florida
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great day on the water”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Arrive time as requested to avoid the crowd. Big boat with lots of people. Crew OK. Good snack bar, gift shop, showers.
Have a longer tour with two reefs. Low wind, great visibility, few jellyfish made it a great day.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Pembroke Pines, Florida
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Nothing to write home about”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

I went a couple of weeks ago with my family to John Pennekamp Park in Key Largo. After all my years of living in Florida, this was my first time to the beach here at John Pennekamp. I was a little disappointed in this beach. This beach is very small and gets really crowded. The water is not a pretty color and it has lots of rocks. Thankfully, I was told by a family member to wear water shoes to the beach since the beach is very rocky. The snorkeling is not good and the only good thing about it was the kayaks that my kids enjoyed. There is a place to eat and shop and they have bathrooms which are pretty well maintained but overall, I was not impressed with this beach. I think that the entrance fee is a bit overpriced for this kind of beach. I don't think I would be going here again, other than if I was taking a snorkeling boat tour from here.

Davenport, Florida
3 attraction reviews
“Family Snorkeling Time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Great State Park and I thought it was very resonable in price. The beach is small and rocky (bring water shoes). My kids had fun snorkeling from the beach (make sure you snorkel under the little bridge it is great!). Clean restrooms and a nice gift shop and place to get a bite. Cannon Beach has a few trees which are great for shade. Did a 4 hour snorkel trip that leaves from the State Park I thought it was a lot of fun and the guides were great. You can rent kayaks and have a good time. Bring your own lunch and eat at one of the picnic tables.

Visited August 2013
“Bring Money. Nice Place.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

As 4 broke college students, this place may not have been the best place for us as the keyword was broke. However, as responsible young adults we did enjoy the stay, as the campsites are normally clean, the bathrooms are cleaned every morning, and there are ALOT of things to do, if you have the money for the excursions.

We recommend, reading up on other reviews as they provide tons of ideas on what to do while there. We stayed there for a great price, but made most of our trips to other keys (Key West),

Furthermore, the beaches are extremely rocky. So bring water shoes!

Montreal
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Really liked it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

We spent one day at the park mainly hanging around the beach and snorkeling close to shore and we loved it. The beach is very-very rocky so bring your aqua shoes.

Visited July 2013