“Great food, big portions, small prices”
Review of Doc's Diner

Doc's Diner
Ranked #16 of 139 Restaurants in Key Largo
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed July 22, 2014

This place doesn't look like much from the outside. Don't let this put you off ! Despite it being really busy, we were seated quickly and brought some water to drink whilst we looked through the extensive menu. Our order was taken and the food served promptly. The food was delicious and piping hot, which was great. The staff were pleasant and efficient even though they were really busy with a constant stream of diners, both local and tourists ! It may not be a palace, but I ate like a queen :-)

Reviewed July 21, 2014

My boyfriend and I decided to stop here while we were staying in key largo for the week. We had heard that the food was good and was happy to hear they had a large breakfast and lunch menu. The place isn't much, very small and the seats and cracked and broken. I can't complain about the food, it was tasty and very good portions. The food came out incredibly fast, so it's a great place to stop by if you're in a hurry. My only complaint would be that the staff didn't seem very tourist friendly, this was more of a local joint. But if you can ignore that, you're in for a great little meal!

Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Came here for breakfast, as it was recommended to us by a local couple. It really doesn't look much from the outside and the decor is really simple and a little dated, but you know when a place is packed out it's going to be good. The food was incredible, the service was great and it was very cheap given the quality and freshness of the food and the speed at which the meals came. Would definitely recommend!

Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in to this diner based off TA reviews. It is a little hole in the wall diner and initially I was very skeptical. First, there were like 25+people waiting for a table, and this place is small, so it was insanely crowded and didn't seem to have much organization for those waiting. Three parties that came in after me with the same size party were seated before me. However, we actually were seated pretty quick all things considered. The young lady who seemed to be in charge was running around dealing with a grouchy elderly patron, the throng of people waiting for a booth, and the fast food chain next door towing cars! Even so, food was excellent, portions HUGE and served hot and quick. Through it all, staff was friendly and smiling. We will be back!

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Doc's is our favorite place for breakfast when we travel from Miami into the Keys and Key West.

The food is great, coffee excellent and reasonably priced. We stopped the July 4 and there were only about seven tables occupied. Three waitresses who were too occupied doing "whatever" to attend to customers. We and two other tables were ignored until I called for attention. Waitress said she would bring coffee and be right with us; which did not happen. We finally got coffee and eventually our breakfast. Had to call out for more coffee and other needs. Waitresses did not attend to customers as normally done. Great food but service needs to get back on track. My wife said we need to find another restaurant for breakfast when we travel to the Keys.