“Great New Years Day Breakfast”
Review of Doc's Diner

Doc's Diner
Ranked #14 of 139 Restaurants in Key Largo
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We were a party of eight on what looked like an incredibly busy morning! We were seated quickly, our waitress was brilliant, the coffee kept coming and we had some great food pancakes breakfast sandwiches and big breakfasts - the acid test was that the children ate everything on their plates- very rare! All the staff were friendly and extremely helpful- Thank you to Doc and all the staff- we love the t-shirts too!!

Reviewed December 31, 2012

We tried Doc's Diner for breakfast. The placed was packed. After we were seated, we waited at least 10 min. before our waitress appeared. My husband's breakfast was good, but only included one piece of toast, not the usual two. Someone other than our waitress brought the food to our table. She asked if there was anything else we needed, and my husband asked for more coffee. Her reply was "someone else will be by with coffee." Guess what, NO ONE ever came back with coffee. My pancake was good, but the hash brown casserole, which tasted very good, was cold a few bites into the huge portion. Since our waitress never returned to our table, I decided to stop eating the cold casserole. Upon paying at the cash register, I asked the girl to deduct it from my bill since I only had two bites of it. She was very apologetic, deducted the cost of the hash brown casserole, and offered to give me a coffee to go. All I keep hearing this week is that it's the busiest week of the year for the Key Largo area. I'm getting a little weary hearing that!

Reviewed December 28, 2012

We had breakfast at Doc's this morning. Very good service, got seated immediately. The pancakes were made from a homemade recipe, tasty. Wish they had better syrup. The scrambled eggs with the order were very good!
My husband's order was very good also. \
The menu offers both Mexican style breakfast items (not mentioned on website) as well as homestyle breakfast items.
Overall would highly recommend this restaurant and plan to come back. One suggestion would be to better organize the parking, and let people know there are spaces in the back.

Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

This diner is definitely worth going back to. Good food and friendly service. The portions are huge so could easily be shared. Don't let the outside of the diner fool you. Lots of tourist advertisement boxes are in front of diner which takes away from appearance.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

My wife's food (breakfast) was not very hot. No apology except put it in the microwave and smack it back on the table. At this rate their days are numbered, what a shame, the smiles, service and quality of food has gone downhill