“Diamond in the rough”

Ranked #13 of 139 Restaurants in Key Largo
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Description: Located on Port Largo Canal. The Galley upstairs offers Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner inside or outside on the patio. Over looks Sharkey's Pub downstairs. Both share the same menu's and Happy Hour. Sharkey's offers sports bar atmosphere and live music most nights. Menu features wide selection of seafood, steaks,wings, salads, and sandwiches. A friendly place for locals and tourists.
Reviewed August 1, 2013

My husband and I were on a weekend dive trip and wanted to go out to eat at a local flavor place as opposed to a fancy touristy restaurant. Driving up, Sharkey's was a little hard to find and looked a little run down, possibly sketchy. However, once we sat down, we discovered a cute, lively place on the water with a decent view, great atmosphere and live entertainment. It's quite small and was very crowded. The staff was a bit overwhelmed and not the most attentive, but they were very friendly.... and the food was EXCELLENT!!!

Foodwise, my husband had the blackened grouper sandwich, which he said was average, nothing special. But the two appetizers I made into my meal were out of this world! I ordered the chipotle mahi taquitos - which came three, maybe four to a plate - and the Key West peel and eat shrimp in spicy Key West Ale sauce - which was large enough to be a meal on its own standing. Both were just amazing! I shared with the hubby who was also very impressed. The flavor quality of both dishes was very unique and explosive! I was very surprised at just how good it was! If I wasn't such a light eater, I would have gone for seconds!

f you don't mind waiting and if you are not a very needy diner, this place is a definite must visit. Order yourself a couple of cocktails and enjoy the ambiance. The shark bite was absolutely delish!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Good selection of pub food. Large billiard room. Live music. Located on the canal. Popular with locals but welcoming to visitors.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

It was pouring, so biz was slow. Still, they made an excellent cheesesteak sandwich,and having lived some 40+ years just south of Philly, I'm quite particular about them. My husband had chicken quesadillas which he called superb. The server/bartender provided humorous banter, but what else would one expect from a woman named Flipper?

The restrooms, however, need a serious overhaul, as does the roof which leaks.

1  Thank KIKISTARPSL
Reviewed July 11, 2013

It was very busy and therefore was to un-patient.
You can either have a seat downstairs at the pub (with live music - but too loud) or upstairs at the restaurant. You are sitting near the waterfront; very nice BUT be aware of the bugs !!!!!!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We found Sharkeys while staying at the Key West Inn - since it was directly across the canal from us. I couldn't figure out how to drive over there because places in the Keys tend to be tucked back off the road and hidden, so we walked over. This place is little more than a bar, with 2 pool tables, a couple of bar tables inside, and plenty of seating outside. I tend not to like eating outside because there are too many smokers. Someone told us this was a good place to eat because it was Hamburger Monday, meaning $5 hamburgers with everything, and fries. We went in, sat down, and got the menu, and sat, and sat. There was just one poor lady running the place having to mix drinks and wait on everyone. We were in a bit of a hurry to try to make a snorkeling trip, and she did get our order in time. I ordered a hamburger without cheese or onions, and it arrived with lettuce, tomato, bacon, and mushrooms - and was delicious. We returned for dinner because the menu had plenty of choices at good prices. However, there were people waiting outside, and no room inside. I really didn't want to wait and am not into the bar scene so we went elsewhere. Would I return? Maybe on Monday for another hamburger!