“Food ok - staff could be better”

Sharkey's Pub & Galley Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 135 Restaurants in Key Largo
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
Description: Located on Port Largo Canal. The Galley upstairs offers Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner inside or outside on the patio. Over looks Sharkey's Pub downstairs. Both share the same menu's and Happy Hour. Sharkey's offers sports bar atmosphere and live music most nights. Menu features wide selection of seafood, steaks,wings, salads, and sandwiches. A friendly place for locals and tourists.
Weert, The Netherlands
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food ok - staff could be better”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

It was very busy and therefore was to un-patient.
You can either have a seat downstairs at the pub (with live music - but too loud) or upstairs at the restaurant. You are sitting near the waterfront; very nice BUT be aware of the bugs !!!!!!

Longwood, Florida
“Good burgers, good view”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We found Sharkeys while staying at the Key West Inn - since it was directly across the canal from us. I couldn't figure out how to drive over there because places in the Keys tend to be tucked back off the road and hidden, so we walked over. This place is little more than a bar, with 2 pool tables, a couple of bar tables inside, and plenty of seating outside. I tend not to like eating outside because there are too many smokers. Someone told us this was a good place to eat because it was Hamburger Monday, meaning $5 hamburgers with everything, and fries. We went in, sat down, and got the menu, and sat, and sat. There was just one poor lady running the place having to mix drinks and wait on everyone. We were in a bit of a hurry to try to make a snorkeling trip, and she did get our order in time. I ordered a hamburger without cheese or onions, and it arrived with lettuce, tomato, bacon, and mushrooms - and was delicious. We returned for dinner because the menu had plenty of choices at good prices. However, there were people waiting outside, and no room inside. I really didn't want to wait and am not into the bar scene so we went elsewhere. Would I return? Maybe on Monday for another hamburger!

Nashville, Tennessee
“Just Okay”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I had high expectations of Sharkey's, because I had heard it was a local favorite. I headed over there for a quick lunch before a snorkeling trip. At 12:15 there were as many people drinking at the bar as there were eating. There was only one waitress who was also serving as bartender. She could have used help. After we got our drinks, we just sat there for about 15 minutes before she took our order. It was Hamburger Monday, and burgers/fries were $5. Once our order was in, the food came out pretty quickly. It hit the spot, but didn't make up for the wait. I went back for dinner that evening, but it was crowded and there were no seats. I didn't want to wait so I went elsewhere, I think that a big attraction may be that it is right on a canal where boats cruise up and down. It isn't a big place. While there is outdoor seating, it seems to be where all of the smokers go. I don't plan to return.

Poland, Ohio, United States
“food ok...price great!!”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We went here after snorkeling and we loved the location and the view, but it was a little cramped and the indoors area was freezing cold!!! The food was cheap and was tasty (have had better) Service was ok but they were pretty busy...I will give them the benefit of the doubt. Will give them one more chance, next time we go

New York City
“Decent food, average service, good view”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Wanted something casual and close to the hotel so we tried Sharkey's. great casual ambiance on the canal. Really good duo playing live music; younger guitar player was exceptional. Otherwise good food, we had fish and shrimp tacos which were good, not exceptional, good. Gave the place a very good because of the music and location.