“Fish Tacos - Fried: Need no more than that and a brew”

Sharkey's Pub & Galley Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 135 Restaurants in Key Largo
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Description: Located on Port Largo Canal. The Galley upstairs offers Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner inside or outside on the patio. Over looks Sharkey's Pub downstairs. Both share the same menu's and Happy Hour. Sharkey's offers sports bar atmosphere and live music most nights. Menu features wide selection of seafood, steaks,wings, salads, and sandwiches. A friendly place for locals and tourists.
Newnan, Georgia
“Fish Tacos - Fried: Need no more than that and a brew”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Get off the dive boat and chow down. The first day I felt like eat well but not sick. I ordered the fish tacos and the waiter recommended fried. Expecting 'Long John Silvers' greasy caked mush, I was totally astonished by the delivered product.

The crust was so light it was hardly noticeable but perfect. To die for with a pint of ale. Went back for hamburger Monday. It was $5 hamburger and stupid enough I went with that. I was ecstatic to pay over twice as much for fabulous fish tacos and now decided to go cheap? Stupid tourist.

Huntington, West Virginia
“Nice setting, food was ok”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We went based on reviews but most of us were really disappointed with our food. It was nice to sit by the water and watch the boats, but our fish was way too greasy and my daughters ribs, which were a special for the evening, were too tough to eat.

Miami, Florida
“Fresh food, good prices, a cut above the average”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Some fellow guests at a hotel told us about Sharky's, which is located on a canal in Key Largo. (And not easy to find! A GPS or map is helpful.) We'd never heard of it, despite having been to Key Largo numerous times. Are we glad we went! The fish dip starter was excellent, some of the best ever. The beer selection was interesting, and ample. The view was great, looking north, so you could see the sunset on the horizon (although not as well as bayside, but still very pretty). The prices were MUCH better than other Keys restaurants I've been to lately, especially those on the water. They also allow you to choose the kind of fish you want (about 5 types), and then decide whether you want it in a sandwich, on a salad, or as a platter. They offered about 4 ways to have the fish prepared, including Chipotle or Rosemary Garlic, and 2 types of salad. I had Chipotle snapper on their Casa Salad -- amazing! Really, I don't have high expectations when I'm in the Keys, but this dinner was excellent, light, fresh, well-prepared. So much better than the fried basket of fish or shrimp you get, or the over-wrought, too-much-stuffed-with-crabmeat type dish I still see on a lot of menus, at least in the Upper Keys. (Or the choice of 1 fish, blackened or grilled, on a caesar salad that seems the only non-fried option at many places.) This was modern, tasty, and cooked perfectly. My husband had the shrimp tacos and loved them. I mean, adored them. My daughter had a peanut butter & jelly with chips and they even arranged it on the plate in a cute way. Downstairs is a pub with live music. Upstairs there is indoor and outdoor seating. I've given a number of other Key Largo restaurants positive reviews, but Sharky's tops all of them. The people running this place obviously care about quality, and haven't gotten stuck with a dated menu of indifferent cuisine. I will definitely be returning, soon if at all possible. Our final bill was significantly lower than it's been at other establishments, and we felt we had a much better meal.

Madison, Wisconsin
“Aye matey, there be good times here!”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We dropped off our bags at the Marriott, walked around the dock past the African Queen, and began our vacation at Sharkey's. What a great way to being a week of salt air diving. A bucket of beer and some happy hour specials and we were off to a great start.

We ate downstairs, out on the deck. It was a great way to kick off our trip. Half of our party had been to Sharkey's before, but we a raved about it rest of the trip. The fare was good and well priced The atmosphere was authentic. The salty dogs that inhabit the pub made us feel welcome.

The only negative was having to leave.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Fun-4-Us77
Somerton, United Kingdom
“Good honest American food”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Excellent stop for dinner overlooking the marina with live acoustic music thrown in. Good fish and meat. Traditional and local food. Very excellent mango pie, fab!

1 Thank SandyDavies