“Great employees”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cabana Breezes - CLOSED

Cabana Breezes
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Romantic, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pompano Beach, FL
“Great employees”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Kevin and Megan took great care of us, very friendly and helped us make choices about what to do around town.

Visited November 2013

Marathon, Florida, United States
“Coconut shrimp”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

My honey and I went to Cabana Breezes for happy hour on Monday afternoon. They had $4 Margaritas half price appetizers. I tried the Coconut Shrimp. They were delicious. The drinks were good. The service was good. The atmosphere by the bar was perfect, and they're pet friendly:). I Highly recommend this place.

• Visited November 2013
Covington, Washington
“Awesome!”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

We want to Cabana Breezes during our stay at Glunz resort next door (an AWESOME hotel!) and ate and drank here every day of our stay. Their happy hour specials are great and you could have something totally different to eat every day and never repeat! We especially enjoyed the chicken quesadillas, potato skins, and burger/fries.
The drinks were delicious and made in front of you. The bar staff was super friendly. Sometimes they had live music which usually is a drawback for me (loud, don't know the songs) but it was really good; I felt like I was at an exotic carribean resort tiki bar!
You could tell that there were a lot of locals there which is a good sign. But no one acted like we as tourists in swimsuits, fresh out of the pool next door, were out of place (like sometimes when you go to a bar with "regulars" as a first-timer). Everyone was very friendly!
Will definitely visit again.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Sarah E
FL Keys
“Hair in the food.”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I never expected to arrive home after happy hour stone cold sober and hungry. Our group of six sat at a table in the bar at Cabana Breezes after hearing about their happy hour food and drinks. Our waitress was absent for long periods of time and never spent more than a few seconds at our table when she came by. She obviously had more tables than she could handle AND she was training someone. (Hello management, maybe Friday Happy Hour isn’t the best time to do this.) The draft beer selection consists of bud light, blue moon, and yuengling lager. The bottled selection isn’t much better. The craft beer revolution has passed Cabana Breezes on by. We settled for the yuengling ($2.50 for a little plastic cup). Beer refills and 2nds for those drinking soda and tea were exceedingly slow coming. Being in the bar, we were downwind of and received a good dose of cigarette and cigar smoke. Our table ordered an assortment of happy hour priced appetizers. When the food did arrive, we had no silverware or plates. I didn’t try the coconut shrimp ($6) or the crab dip ($5). My tablemates seemed to enjoy them. The potato skins ($3.50) were passable, though nothing special. The calamari ($4.50) arrived pale and barely warm. It lacked seasoning. We jazzed it up with salt, pepper, and tobacco and munched on it until my husband got a really long hair in his. Bleah! With the exception of house made chips on the side of the crab dip, all the apps looked pre-made. The music from a DJ was not overly loud. The setting in great – right on the ocean. The search for good calamari, good beer, and good service in a waterfront setting in Marathon goes on. It is not at Cabana Breezes.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank HappyCamper48
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Poor service and food tasteless”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

We were looking forward to checking out this place with friends and where definitely disappointed in the service and the taste of the food. After 20 minutes we finally received our drink order which all the drinks tasted watered down. Our food took another 40 minutes to arrive. I had the fish taco special, the fish was crispy and fresh, the coleslaw too was crispy however the seasoning was non existent I needed to add hot sauce to make it flavorful. Others in our party had the regular taco meal, we found that the crisp taco shells were soggy, did not hold up and hence we had to eat them with a fork. Plus they too were lacking flavor. The restaurant was not busy so I was confused as to why it took so long to get our drinks and food. This is not on my list of places to return to.

Visited October 2013