“can't go to KCB without Sparky's!”

Sparky's Landing Fish and Cocktails
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed October 11, 2011

We go to Key Colony Beach each year and it wouldn't be complete without a couple trips to Sparky's. The food and drinks are great and the staff is wonderful. We've been there at all different times of day (lunch, happy hour, dinner and late night) and the staff is always friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. We've never had a bad meal and the "peel and eat shrimp" rock! An added feature is it's walking distance from just about anywhere on the island.

1  Thank MargaritaR220

Reviewed September 19, 2011

While staying on Key Colony again this year , our favorite spot is Sparkys. We ate there only three times this stay and were happy to introduce our friends to this spot. We ate A LOT of food between the four of us so I will give you the rundown: Large salad,(did I say LARGE?), ribs, .25 cent wings and shrimp,burger, all you can eat MAHI for 16.99 (Panko crusted OMG!) fish tacos, seafood gumbo, Blackened hogfish over pasta (YUM!), blue cheese potatoe chips, AWESOME and I do not care for blue cheese, and ended every meal with THE BEST, keylime ever. I have tried many and I have to say this was by far the best! When we couldn't eat anymore we took the pie home for later! No bill was over $50, service was good for the most part, some of the girls are a little ditsy but it is the Keys! Always a great spot! I'll add some pics later, so check back!

Reviewed September 17, 2011

Another great TA find! I picked up take out and hung out at the bar while I waited. Yummy cocktail and the bartender who took my order was really friendly. In fact, even as I waited, several of the waitresses checked in to see if I needed any help.
The food was great(even eating it half an hour later). Husband had the Caesar shrimp wrap-no problem getting it not blackened and it was delicious. I was on the fence between pizza and the corned beef reuben and the bartender was helpful in choosing the reuben. I was not disappointed-absolutely wonderful!
Based on the reviews of fellow TA readers, I also ordered a slice of key lime pie to go and I have to say it's the best of the three we've tried so far. Both my husband and I loved the taste and texture.
I'd really like to go back here to eat in. The bar is open air and there's outdoor seating. I'm pretty sure there's also an indoor a/c dining room, but only caught a brief glimpse of it. The prices are pretty good for the Keys-spent $32 for a cocktail, two entrees and the pie. There were a lot of locals when I stopped by, and the bar area was showing about 5 different college football games-seemed like everyone was having a really great time.
Thanks fellow TA writers!

1  Thank ajsbabe
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Sparky’s is a great way to start your trip to the Keys. Sure there are other restaurants closer to the mainland, but this place is worth driving a bit further for. Situated just off Route 1, the place is on the water, with great deck seating. We had a quick lunch to break up our drive and were not disappointed. Great Kalik beer (pretty cheap too), excellent wings, and great mahi reuben. Laid back atmosphere and totally chill waiter put us in the right mindset for the rest of our vacation. Would definitely recommend to anyone driving south (or north)!

1  Thank robbikg5
Reviewed September 14, 2011

Rustic seafood shack. Great bar & on the water. What I really like is for the money you get fresh product. Even the house salad wasn't bag salad. The gumbo was tasty & for 5 bucks for a bowl it had seafood in it & great flavor. The shrimp & bacon pizza was good at every bite & I am not a pizza person I just got it because my girlfriend loves it. The couple next to us loved the homemade key lime pie!!! Thanks Sparkey's.

1  Thank go4itntravel