Key Colony Beach Motel
Travelocity
$164
$140
HIExpress.com
Skipjack Resort Suites & Marina(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$179
Orbitz.com
$208
$149
Groupon.com
$169
Hotels.com
Courtyard by Marriott Marathon Florida Keys(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$179
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewsprivate beachwithin walking distancerooms are cleanlounge chairssparky's landingoff the beaten pathoverseas highwaymini fridgeplenty of chairsevery morningpalm treesgreat poolking bedlaid backtikioceanhairdryer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Been a couple of years since we have been here, and always love it. They are updating all the rooms and there always so clean and cozy, however all we do is sleep in the room the rest of the time is spent on the great beach and pool overlooking the ocean. The biggest bonus was meeting one of the owners at the next door tiki bar, had such a great time while watching Michigan State win the Rose bowl. You can search anywhere in the Keys and you won't find a better place to stay on the Atlantic Ocean at such a reasonable rate.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Cindykeys08
j k, Manager at Key Colony Beach Motel, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Thanks for the kind words, I enjoyed meeting you and only hope I see you soon. thanks again

Reviewed January 19, 2014

We drove to the keys and had no where to stay. We wanted somewhere with a beach or a pool. Imagine our surprise to find a hotel with both! Cute clean beach and nice pool with windbreak. The room was a tad dated but that doesn't bother me. We had a fridge and decent tv. The drawback would be the beds weren't the most comfortable of the whole trip and the wifi was sketchy at best. Would I stay here again? No question- yep!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Micastang

We are glad we had an available room you. When we installed the wifi, there weren't many people streaming things. Now, seems everyone streams, and that causes the wifi to get a traffic jam. The solution is being looked into as I type this. Technology changes so fast these days and it caught us this time. Hope to see you back again soon. Mike

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Great place on a great island. Very quiet, though it was a slow time. Our room was just feet from the ocean. Rooms very large and clean. Staff super friendly and informative. Definitely will be back! A real bargain. No problems.

Room Tip: Don't let the low price fool you, We would have paid more.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank gail l

Thanks so much, we are trying very hard to make everyone's visit an enjoyable one. It makes us proud that you had a great time.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I'll keep it to this
It says Non Smoking...
However when my wife and I returned from dinner the room was filled with the smells of cigarette smoke and continued from the room next door from a hole in the walls in the bathroom

Asking the Mgt about it he said there is nothing he can do but ask them to stop

Simply put, our 4 day stay turned into a one night hell hole

Hohn...lets not forget about the fact you can hear conversations clearly through the walls through the wee hours of the night (3-4 am and kept going)

Please take warning of others reviews on the negative side. Those who write positives...I'm happy for you...but for those who experienced anything negative...I understand

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tommy L
j k, Manager at Key Colony Beach Motel, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Mr. Whetstone expressed concern about his neighbor had been smoking. I said I would check it out, was going to offer him another room but he said he didn't want to disturb his wife as she was resting.
I went around looking for the offender and when I found him, asked him to stop, he said he would.
The next day I put out the smoker and blacklisted him.
When Mr. Whetstone got up, he was agitated and asked " what are you going to do for me?" and implied that if I didn't give him a 50% discount the he "would have fun with it on the internet".
At checkout, his wife brought the key back to front desk. The clerk asked her if she had a good time. She said she did and that she liked the beach.
Another guest thought that I was too hard on the smoker. We have policies in place to prevent things like this. This is a situation where no one wins, all over an inconsiderate guest.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I stayed here during the off season while on business. Yhe business I had was on Big Pine, so I first looked at the big pine motel... Yuck, and $120 bucks a night. I then called around key west and found that there is a strange dynamic-the cheap crapholes like the IBIS are still $140 a night but the really nice hotels (pier house, reach, casa marina) are hovering around $220 a night. In my opinion, I would much rather spend another 100 bucks a night and sleep in what is the finest hotel in Key west, BUT I was just there on business. I called around and arrived back at the place my wife stormed out of due to disgust-the Key Colony beach motel. They had remodeled-sort of. Instead of pee smelling carpet, the had tiled the whole floor. They had also re-tiled the bathroom and from what I could tell evicted most of the critters. I dont like air conditioning and when I opened the room they had the temp set at 68 degrees so I turned the AC off so the entire floor became a condensation puddle. Anyway it was cheap, clean, and as has been said many times, they have a beautiful beach and a nice pool. I dont think I will get the wife to ever stay here but for me as a biz traveller looking for a non-bug-infested hole to sleep, this place did really well.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business