“Lessons at Tranquility Bay”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
A Deep Blue Dive Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Come with the A Deep Blue Dive’s crew to explore the only living coral reef in North America. The "Turtle," a 34 foot Crusader, a six passenger vessel. The "Sea Diver" a 30 foot, twenty-two passenger vessel or the forty-nine passenger, 45 foot Corinthian Catamaran "Island Time." Colorful tropical fish, beautiful corals, moray eels and more are waiting to be discovered beneath the Keys' pristine waters.
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We had our 4 kids go through the in pool scuba session (3 hours) at Tranquility Bay - awesome experience for the kids. We had Melissa from the dive center, she was terrific. Kids enjoyed it very much, well worth the $$.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This was our first time to the Keys and my kids first time snorkeling. We went on the snorkeling trip with A Deep Blue Dive Center because of the reviews on tripadvisor and the affiliation they had with our resort. The trip definitely could have been better. First of all, the trip did not start off so well when we were immediately overcharged by one of the crew members. Apparently a 20% tip was added on to our total charge without our consent. Please be aware that this should not be their normal procedure and they should definitely ask you if you want to add the tip on to the total charge. While we were not able to straighten this issue out while on our trip, Jeff did make amends afterwards. Second of all, the trip itself was a little disappointing. According to their website, you are supposed to visit two reefs and the trip is supposed to be roughly 3 1/2 hours (from 12:30 - 4:00). However, our boat only visited one site on the reef and we returned back to the dock by 3:00. Unfortunately, the conditions were not ideal and the water was rather choppy, making several of the people on the boat (including myself) seasick. I am not sure if that was the reason why we returned early, but no explanation was given for our early return. Also, because of the choppy waters, it was extremely dangerous for my kids to get on and off the boat. Because the boat was rocking so much, there were several times they almost got hit by the boat while trying to grab the railings to pull themselves out of the water. The crew was not very helpful in assisting us and fortunately no one got hurt. On the plus side, the boat was very clean and Jeff was kind enough to sort out the incorrect charges the following day. My advice to anyone going on any snorkeling trip is to make sure you know what the price is prior to boarding AND check the water conditions yourselves. I think the waves were between 3-5 feet when we were out there and it was pretty rough.

2  Thank lovecapecod2
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My family took an afternoon snorkel trip to the nearby reef (20 minute or so drive from marina to reef) and had a good experience. The crew was professional and a nice departure from the cattle call operations I have experienced in some other locations. The small catamaran was comfortable, if a bit spartan (could really use some tubs or contaners for your towels and assorted gear, since this is an open deck arrangment). There is a marine head onboard, and two dive platforms at the rear of this vessel, one of several they use, apparently.

All is all this is a well run operation and a worthwhile way to spend a few hours. The marina is located just north of Vaca Break.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I spent about 10 days in Florida with my family. We went down to the keys so my younger sister could go snorkeling for the first time and we looked around for hours for a decent price. Luckily we found A Deep Blue Dive. We spent a few hours out snorkeling with Jeff and had an excellent time. It was a great experience. They have a wonderful staff who were knowledgeable of the sites we would be snorkeling and I plan to return again this coming summer once I have my dive certification. Prices were great and I wouldn't go anywhere else for an experience such as this.

1  Thank Salvatore S
Reviewed November 24, 2012

While in Marathon I wanted to snorkel the reefs. My resort recommended this company. I found the captain to be professional and interesting to talk too.

When I arrived the woman at the desk was surprised that I wanted to snorkel rather than dive even though I said so on the phone. Not a big deal.

There were four scuba divers and myself on the boat for this particular cruise. The first dive (snorkel) was on a shallow reef. I enjoyed is a lot and felt it was well worth the $40 that I paid. For the second dive the captain moved to a different and deeper spot. I did not go in the water at the second spot since I was was tired from the first splash. Instead I stayed topside and talked to the captain.

The scuba divers enjoyed their swim and seemed to feel that is was a great trip.

If you only want to snorkel I would suggest that you try a place by Key Largo where the water is shallower. In water over 10'-12' it is just to hard to get down to the bottom to see the color.