“It truly represents Peruvian Cuisine at its best!!!”
Review of El Gran Inka

El Gran Inka
Ranked #6 of 70 Restaurants in Key Biscayne
Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
miami
“It truly represents Peruvian Cuisine at its best!!!”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Ok, let me tell you a little bit about this place.

First of all, the Pisco Sours are THE BEST!! They use the best Pisco in their Pisco Sours, made with the finest pisco grape that there is out there. I also tried the Pisco Chilcano and I got proven wrong when I said "no drink is better than the Pisco Sour here." .... And they also make the Caipirinhas better than brasilians, ask for the ginger infused passionfruit caipirinha!!

Moving on to the food. As a cold appetizer the Causa, is hands down by far the best causa I have tried in my entire life. The Shrimp & Calamari Skillet its amazing and Ceviche....Ceviche its El Gran Inka's specialty.

For my main course I had the "Chilenean Seabass a lo Macho" and it was the best seafood sauce I have had in my entire life.
My friend had the Lomo Saltado, a true peruvian classic, and once again, better than in Peru

Service was great, it was very busy tho, but once the ambience music started playing, the dining experience was even better. My Server was great and The manager Diego was very kind and had a great personality, he basically gave me a lesson about food, wine, and peruvian culture.

I lived in Peru for over a decade and know about peruvian cuisine, I'll definitely be back very soon!!

• Visited August 2012

Memphis, Tennessee
“Expensive but Good Peruvian Food”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I wish there was a "good" option. Having lived in Peru for 5 years I grew to love Peruvian food. My wife and I started with an appetizer of anticuchos (heartkibob) which was the best thing we ate. Since I'm used to paying $2 for them in Peru I thought the $9 price tag was too much, but they were fantastic. I ordered the Ceviche which was good but was missing something that I can't put my finger on. My wife ordered the Lomo Saltado which was good but tasted americanized or something. I think they added too much soy sauce to the meat.

While the food was good I don't know if I'd ever eat there again because it's just too pricey. Thank God I had a Groupon.

• Visited July 2012
Parkland Florida
“Stay away”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Overpriced and just not great quality. The service was ok but at the end of the day.. its the food that speaks the loudest. Sorry. Stay away.

Visited July 2012
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
“Best Peruvian food in South Florida”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Once again El Gran Inka in Key Biscayne continues to delight us with a superb Peruvian meal. We had the ceviche as an appetizer...the fish was very fresh and the sauce was perfect, tangy and a bit spicy which we loved (you can choose the level of spice you want). I also had the tacu tacu seafood dish which is a peruvian specialty - my favorite dish at the restaurant. For the freshness and overall quality of the food I would have expected to pay more for each dish. Diego, the restaurant Manager, is a great host. He was very attentive to us and he wanted to ensure we were having a great overall dining experience. I look forward to having another great dining experience at El Gran Inka soon.

• Visited July 2012
Miami, Florida
“good fresh fish and food in Peruvian Style”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

El Gran Inka is a tipical Peruvian cuisine style.

I try different time this restaurant in Key Biscayne and always was good and the feedback the same, good recipes and fresh fish .
The dishes that i appreciate more are the Cevices i tiraditos to share with my friends…
the Corvina too was great !! i like also a simple recipes as the aji de galina….
the waiters are nice and they suggest to us always good food…

the prices are good
i know that there are other 2 restaurant more bigger than this in Key Biscayne .
they love music and one night we enjoy a good jazz in live..

• Visited March 2012