“Attentive service but the food is fair”
Review of El Gran Inka

El Gran Inka
Ranked #5 of 70 Restaurants in Key Biscayne
Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Cazu247@Hotmail.com
“Attentive service but the food is fair”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We used a groupon to eat here. The cerviche was spicy, tangy and very good0. The chauffa rice was fluffy and with a good seafood taste. How the seafood jalea was fried to a gummy consistency and there was too much breading on the seafood.
In addtion, at the end of the bill they add the tip without noticing the customer. If you are not careful you will over tip them twice

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank cazu247

Chicago, Illinois
“Niced Little Peruvian Spot!”
Reviewed March 23, 2012

Walked over from the Ritz. Loved the mini-band playing outside and the small, quaint atmosphere inside. Lots of seafood choices and other items as well. We loved everything we had....ceviche was AMAZING! Fish dishes were all fabulous and so was the chocolate dessert! The manager came by and was very present in making sure we enjoyed everything. Must go!

Visited February 2012
miami
“Never again!”
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Prior to arriving at the restaurant I called to check their hours for dinner and not once was I informed that I would have to make a reservation. When we got there, the hostess asked for one. She said that if we didn't have a reservation she could seat us but that it would be a wait for the food because they are only staffed for the reservations. I see what everyone says about the wait time, but I was willing to deal with it because I was told in advance. I was okay with this, figured it would just be a nice night out and have drinks while waiting patiently, well I was wrong!!! Our drinks did come out first, but there was never a refill or an offer to refill our beverages. When we finally asked for a refill we were told they were out of the drink and offered something else. No problem, I needed something to drink, but even that drink NEVER CAME!!!!! I want to note that the restaurant was not even full and they were well staffed so to wait as long as we did for a non alcoholic drink was absurd. Another thing I disliked was that my dish was almost identical to the appetizer as far as the sauce, seafood and flavor, and since I have never eaten there before I would have expected the waiter to let me know so that I may try a different selection, but clearly he didn't care and never introduced himself or came to even check if our main courses were alright. The other dish we had ordered was half over-cooked. I understand this may happen while it sat there in a warm plate while it waited for my dish to be ready but how does only half of the dish come overcooked? I also used a LivingSocial voucher for the dinner, but what they fail to tell you is that when they charge your credit card, they already include the tip. Nowhere on the menu does it say that tip is included, and when I told the waiter about the voucher before we ordered, he never mentioned it either. So I guess he thought with poor service he would still get his guaranteed tip. I don't use LivingSocial to be cheap; rather, I use it to try new things in a difficult economy. Had he actually brought my drink or refilled it, then I would have left the waiter a 20-25% tip of the total bill, BEFORE the discount. To make matters worse, when I received the check to sign, the original bill was not included nor was I informed that tip was already added so it looked like I had to add the tip. This didn't look right so I did ask for my original bill (they failed to give me this when they brought the cc slip) and the waiter THEN told me about the added gratuity. Way to scam people for awful service!!!! My advice is that this place is overrated and I will certainly not be a patron in the future.

• Visited March 2012
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“AMAZING!”
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Everything was excellent- the waitress was friendly and helpful. We asked for a good seafood, paella type dish and she recommended a dish for 2, but we even had leftovers. The shrimp were huge and the lobster tails were meaty...all cooked on the grill, just right!
we even found a restaurant.com certificate so our meal w/ tax and tip was only $65! one of the most amazing meals I've had!

• Visited January 2012
Connecticut
“The Peruvian food was fantastic. The wait staff was helpful in selecting menu items.”
Reviewed January 9, 2012

We liked the food and the overall design of the place. It was very convenient to the Ritz Carlton.

Visited January 2012