“The only nice thing about it are the views”
Review of Rusty Pelican

Rusty Pelican
Reserve a Table
Mon, 6/24
8:00 PM
Ranked #5 of 82 Restaurants in Key Biscayne
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Rickenbacker Causeway
Description: You haven't seen Miami until you've seen it from The Rusty Pelican Restaurant and Special Events Center. The Rusty Pelican is the most sought after restaurant with a view in South Florida. With the sun setting on Biscayne Bay against the backdrop of the alluring Miami skyline, The Rusty Pelican is the perfect spot for a romantic interlude or that special occasion. Located in Florida on the Island of Key Biscayne and just minutes away from Interstate-95. The Rusty Pelican has a breathtaking view of the City of Miami while offering superb cuisine and service. The fresh seafood changes with the season, deliciously enhanced with island-influenced salsas and flavors.
Reviewed May 15, 2019

Overpriced. Food and Service are not top notch. We went for Mother's day and was very disappointed. Never again. When you are charging almost $100 a head, service should be exemplary. The views are splendid so I recomment a drink at the bar with nibbles but enjoy good food and service somewhere else.

Date of visit: May 2019
Rusty Pelican M, Manager at Rusty Pelican, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience.
We would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations.
I would like to hear more about your visit if you are available. I can be reached at eflood@srcmail.com I look forward to hearing back from you.
Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,356)

Reviewed May 14, 2019 via mobile

So sorry, but the 1 star is only for the view. After reading and hearing so much about the Rusty Pelican and how embarrassing it was for having lived in Miami 4 years and still to have not gone, I decided to take my boyfriend here for his Birthday.. I wish I had not listened to all those voices:
For starters the outside area was not what I would call polished and clean or elegant for the price point of the dinner menu. The service was insanely ridiculous. Needless to say my boyfriend is also a matured waiter/ server and quite critical when it comes to service and hospitality, but RP has absolutely NO idea what Hospitality is. The food was embarrassing and we were not even asked why we left most of our plates 3/4 full or picked at.
Though we had fun anyhow because we are cool like that, I was hopeful for dessert and when I went inside to use the ladies room, I asked the hostess if they had candles available IN THE CASE WE WERE TO ORDER DESSERT because I had forgot to bring some.. We were CHARGED the Quite DELUSIONAL tres leches pictured with SPRINKLES for a grown man’s birthday. NEED INSAY MORE??

1  Thank 84annina82

Hello,
We would like to apologize for your recent experience at the Rusty Pelican and we appreciate you sharing your thoughts. We take our guests feedback seriously and would like you to know that that is certainly not the standards that we strive for.
If you are available, I would like to reach out to you to discuss further. I can be reached via email at eflood@srcmail.com
I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Reviewed May 14, 2019

The location of the Rusty Pelican is really why you should be thinking about going here. The view from this place of downtown Miami is stunning, particularly at and after sundown. It's worth coming here for the view alone.

Which is just as well, because the meal itself was mixed - my chicken was good, my wife's salmon was overcooked (I would have sent it back). We had the chocolate dessert, which was really poor - all of the items tasted like they just came out of the freezer, and nothing was made in house - for $30, this was a total waste of money. It looks stunning, but it's rubbish - please save your money! This was our most expensive meal in Miami. We paid $165 for some pretty average food, and small cocktails.

Service here was poor too. We, and others around us, waited a long time and didn't see our server much. The place was a little over half full (not totally full by any means), and there were enough staff there, they just seemed like they'd rather hang out or just be elsewhere, rather than serving.

Date of visit: May 2019

Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts, we would like to apologize for the experience you had with us recently. That is certainly not the service that we aspire to provide our guests.
If you are available, please feel free to reach out to me so that I can learn more about your visit.
Eflood@srcmail.com

Reviewed May 13, 2019 via mobile

Visited here during Miami visit. Four of us in party. Good waiter. We were asked if we’d like to “try” the oyster/caviar appetizer....presented to us as if he was asking us to sample. Turned out we were charged $8 apiece for this privilege. Presentations were attractive but prices were surprisingly high. $350 for four of us with one bottle of wine. The view of Miami across Biscayne Bay is nice. We had a nice window table.

Reviewed May 12, 2019 via mobile

My girlfriend that lives in the area decided that she wanted to take me here for lunch...wonderful in every way!!! Lovely table with great view of all activity on the water...so nice!!
Our server, Roberto, suggested for me to try the Chilean Sea Bass. So delicious!!
Go!!! You will not be disappointed!!!

Date of visit: April 2019