“Pleasant view pairing a delicious menu”
Review of Rusty Pelican

Rusty Pelican
Reserve a Table
Tue, 7/23
8:00 PM
Ranked #5 of 82 Restaurants in Key Biscayne
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Rickenbacker Causeway
Description: You haven't seen Miami until you've seen it from The Rusty Pelican Restaurant and Special Events Center. The Rusty Pelican is the most sought after restaurant with a view in South Florida. With the sun setting on Biscayne Bay against the backdrop of the alluring Miami skyline, The Rusty Pelican is the perfect spot for a romantic interlude or that special occasion. Located in Florida on the Island of Key Biscayne and just minutes away from Interstate-95. The Rusty Pelican has a breathtaking view of the City of Miami while offering superb cuisine and service. The fresh seafood changes with the season, deliciously enhanced with island-influenced salsas and flavors.
Reviewed September 19, 2018 via mobile

I returned to the Pelican twenty years later. What a difference but what a consistent location. We sat outdoors and the view of the city is magnificent. The restaurant serves a fusion menu featuring entrees at a standard price, considering the location. The food is superb. At least what we tried. They surprise you with a moist corn bread on a board just coming out of the oven while waiting for the food - it was a a delicious surprise. We tried the Mediterranean Mussels with sweet and spicy coconut sauce and bread croutons, which was awesome. The sea bass and salmon buñuelos with saffron aioli are very delicate in flavor and a crusty consistency. The spider roll with Asian pear and soy paper made some room still for a corvina ceviche, traditional and very well prepared. We had a Cote du Rhône that helped our palate throughout that rainbow of flavors.
It was a great time and I felt déjà vu - although I worked a summer job as a waiter many moons ago- when the the restaurant was really “rustic” and not the eclectic beautiful place of nowadays. I recommend it!

Date of visit: September 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (2,361)

Reviewed September 14, 2018

Was here for lunch. The food and service was excellent. Even the manager worked the table. Try the short ribs .....like butter.

Date of visit: July 2018
Rusty Pelican M, Owner at Rusty Pelican, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2018

Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

This is a must in Miami, the view is spectacular! I asked for a grilled halibut over purple mashed potato that was delicious and cooked to perfection! Service was great and quick! Highly recommended!

Date of visit: September 2018
Rusty Pelican M, Manager at Rusty Pelican, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2018

Thank you very much for your feedback!

Reviewed September 5, 2018

Lunching at the Rusty Pelican is a tradition every time we visit Miami. We keep coming back for the delicious food, great service and wonderful view. On this occasion, my daughter and I shared a dozen blue point oysters and the corvina ceviche. I had 1/2 Pelican salad - plenty of food after the oysters and ceviche. She had the full Caesar salad, which was really too much. My husband had the grouper sandwich and said it was very good. I hope I don't have to wait another year to return to the Rusty Pelican!

Date of visit: August 2018
Rusty Pelican M, Manager at Rusty Pelican, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2018

Great reading this review, thanks a lot!

Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

I hadn’t been to the rusty pelican in several years so my wife and I decided to give this miami classic a revisit and we were very pleasantly surprised .
As always the view is one of the , if not the best view in all of Miami . The restaurant itself was completely renovated several years ago and looks really great with a wonderful vibe ! The service was warm and attentative by a gentleman from Turkey . He was great !!! The food was very very good. West coast oysters were fresh and the lobster risotto entree was delicious .

I give the restaurant 4 stars instead of 5 for 2 reasons . 1. I found the cocktails to be very expensive even by Miami standards .
2. The evening ended on a down note . Went to the bar to ask for some change to give valet a tip. I asked the bartender for some change . He was obviously annoyed that I was bothering him with such a request. He took the bill out of my hand , made change, and handed it to me without looking at me and with his back to me . I found this incredibly rude but of course I have to remind myself that this is Miami, the epicenter of rudeness. Oh and BTW...the bar was not at all busy at the time so it’s not like I caught him at a bad moment.

I won’t hold #2 against the restaurant and will likely be back with my wife at some point in the future.
If you haven’t been in a while , I urge you to pay them a visit.

Date of visit: September 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience, we apologize about the attitude you received at the bar, we will address as not part of our standards obviously and we appreciate you pointed it out so we can correct, we appreciate your kind words about our renovated venue and we definitely look forward to have you with us soon again!