“Expensive but worth”
Review of Rusty Pelican

Rusty Pelican
Reserve with OpenTable
Rusty Pelican is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 77 Restaurants in Key Biscayne
Good for: Scenic view, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Rickenbacker Causeway
Description: You haven't seen Miami until you've seen it from The Rusty Pelican Restaurant and Special Events Center. The Rusty Pelican is the most sought after restaurant with a view in South Florida. With the sun setting on Biscayne Bay against the backdrop of the alluring Miami skyline, The Rusty Pelican is the perfect spot for a romantic interlude or that special occasion. Located in Florida on the Island of Key Biscayne and just minutes away from Interstate-95. The Rusty Pelican has a breathtaking view of the City of Miami while offering superb cuisine and service. The fresh seafood changes with the season, deliciously enhanced with island-influenced salsas and flavors.
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We had dinner with friends at Rusty Pelican, great staff, everybody very nice and polite, the view is amazing and the food was great. Service is not very fast but of course it's not a fast food. It's pretty expensive but I am ready to pay more to eat well, so it does definitely worth.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,099)

Reviewed April 4, 2014

Ate here while visiting area for Sony Masters tennis in March 2014. Its a lovely site at the tip of the island with gorgeous views of the ocean and the city. The service was good and relatively quick. The fish meal looked good but there was little taste. It was a red Snapper special. Left most of it. Better off at a fast food outlet.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

After playing a round at Crandon Golf on Key Biscayne and the pro shop staff suggested I try the bar at the Rusty Pelican for dinner since I was on my own. It was a Friday evening and there appeared to be several functions so the parking lot was full but the valet looked after my car. Upon entering the restaurant, despite the busy scene, the ladies at the reception greeted me warmly and said that by all means I would be welcome at the bar. There was lots of energy in the restaurant/bar area with a fabulous view of the night time Miami skyline. The fellows serving at the bar were friendly and provided great service. I ordered the Ahi Tuna Taco from the "Beginnings" and the Nikkei sushi plate. Both were fresh and flavourful and, when chased with a local craft beer, provided an excellent après golf solo meal. I would really like to take my wife and family to dine there on a return visit.

1  Thank BobandNic
Reviewed March 31, 2014

This was my second time at this restaurant. Both times the seafood and salads have been delicious, and wine list superb, but I still feel the service is slow and the menu a bit pricey to really get a rave review. I got the grouper, which was delicious but it came on a bed of lukewarm sweet potato hash. It all felt like catered food that had been mass produced, not super fresh. The salad my guests got was enormous and they really enjoyed it.
The service was very slow and when it had been 20 minutes and we hadn't ordered, the serve staff just said "Well I didn't want to interrupt your conversation." Um... we're here to EAT! If we didn't want to EAT we would not have come to a restaurant. After our food had been cleared away, another server came along and set the table in front of us for dinner, and then picked it back up again and said, "Sorry, I thought you were waiting to have dinner, but I see you've already had dinner, I will bring dessert spoons."
We ordered the baked Alaska which came out as a rock solid lump of Oreo Ice Cream covered in whipped cream. No toasted meringue, not firey flare, cost = $10. Finally, that was all done and we had to request that someone brought our bill. All in all, swanky place to have a glass of wine, salad, and chatter the night away, but if you're expecting to get what you pay for, there are better places.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Unfortunately, We decided to do our wedding at Rusty Pelican and it was the worst experience my husband and I have ever had.
First of all, at the wedding day the Management team were very rude (Alejandra Gallo and her team), not helpful at all. But the biggest surprise was when we signed the final bill, they charged in our credit card a huge amount of drinks that our guests never ordered. I even wrote the director of catering (Ana Confino) of the restaurant and never got a proper reply from them.
It was a huge "FRAUD"