“Great view, nice food”
Review of Rusty Pelican

Rusty Pelican
Reserve with OpenTable
Rusty Pelican is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 75 Restaurants in Key Biscayne
Good for: Scenic view, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Rickenbacker Causeway
Description: You haven't seen Miami until you've seen it from The Rusty Pelican Restaurant and Special Events Center. The Rusty Pelican is the most sought after restaurant with a view in South Florida. With the sun setting on Biscayne Bay against the backdrop of the alluring Miami skyline, The Rusty Pelican is the perfect spot for a romantic interlude or that special occasion. Located in Florida on the Island of Key Biscayne and just minutes away from Interstate-95. The Rusty Pelican has a breathtaking view of the City of Miami while offering superb cuisine and service. The fresh seafood changes with the season, deliciously enhanced with island-influenced salsas and flavors.
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I've been here whilst on holiday for the past few years and although they have done the restaurant up and lost a little of the original charm, the place is still a great spot for dinner! The portions are great and obviously all the food is fresh. But the winning factor every time is the location and view. Sitting by the fire outside looking over Miami Bay is wonderful!!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,023)

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I love this restaurant my husband invited me for a romantic dinner on our anniversary and I loved is a litter be expensive but we have a very good time ...

2  Thank Silvia E
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

This is an overall awesome experience. Location of this restaurant second to none. It is located on a point of Key Biscayne overlooking downtown Miami. The view is incomparable to any other view of Miami that I've experienced. The food was absolutely wonderful. I had the Seabass, on the menu they call it "tooth fish" and others in my party had beef and other fish dishes. Everything was prepared to perfection. The service was perfect. Pricing was a little bit higher then other restaurants for similar dishes but clearly well worth it. This is definitely one of my favorite restaurants in Miami and I will return on another special occasion.

2  Thank Joe A
Reviewed October 24, 2013

The Rusty Pelican is a great place for a romantic date night. The place has gone through a makeover and everything is clean, beautiful and romantic.

There is an excellent view of the water and the food and drinks are excellent.

Highly recommended.

1  Thank GeorgeLevy
Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

Went to enjoy the Miami Spice menu, which was until September 30 th, which they did not honor on the 30 th. Spoke to the manager who knew me and said they discontinued it the day before and I would enjoy the regular menu. I could have gone to other restaurants for this deal . The food turned out to be heavy handed and service , in an empty place, terrible. I decided not to take my disappointment to Trip Advisor but to the company instead in a sense of loyalty. I wrote a lengthy explanation and received a form email thanking me for my feedback and to fill out a survey. I wrote back asking for a human response and got an attitudinal , flip reply from the regional, a Mr. Caldwell. He asked for me to once again explain my problem. I did and got no answer. Wrote back again saying they didn't care about my patronage and again no response. This had been my go to restaurant for visitors to enjoy the view and the food. I won't be back.

2  Thank TNTNYC