“My vacation's best experience.”
Review of Rusty Pelican

Rusty Pelican
Reserve with OpenTable
Rusty Pelican is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 70 Restaurants in Key Biscayne
Good for: Scenic view, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Rickenbacker Causeway
Description: You haven't seen Miami until you've seen it from The Rusty Pelican Restaurant and Special Events Center. The Rusty Pelican is the most sought after restaurant with a view in South Florida. With the sun setting on Biscayne Bay against the backdrop of the alluring Miami skyline, The Rusty Pelican is the perfect spot for a romantic interlude or that special occasion. Located in Florida on the Island of Key Biscayne and just minutes away from Interstate-95. The Rusty Pelican has a breathtaking view of the City of Miami while offering superb cuisine and service. The fresh seafood changes with the season, deliciously enhanced with island-influenced salsas and flavors.
new york
“My vacation's best experience.”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We are from New York and we went to Miami to vacation, and in the hotel where we stayed, they recommended Rusty Pelican to have dinner/lunch, and when we saw the place from the outside, it honestly look stunning. We went at night and the view of the bay is one of the best views I've seen all my life, we sat down at the bar and the bartender that served us is named Vanny or Many, I really don't remember the exact name. He was very professional. we had the best drinks ever, my wife said it was the best Mojito she has ever had, and I had a Watermelon lichi Martin, I loved it. The bartender explained to us about a lot of things we didn't know about drinks. He suggested 2 appetizers from the new menu. Then we went on to eat and our server was Maurisio, he explained to us the menu and suggested everything from appetizers to desserts. The managers came around, named Dario and Alex, they suggested different types of wines. All in all it was an amazing experience. I'm kind of picky when I go out, and that night changed my opinion about everything.

2 Thank carolina p

Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
“Poor Service”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We ate here in 2011 and had a fantastic meal over looking Miami so wanted to return on our recent trip last month. I personally emailed the restaurant 3 times asking for a reservation as it was our Honeymoon but never got a response. We decided to go to another restaurant due to the rudeness from not replying to several requests

2 Thank CookieMonsterChris
“Wedding meeting”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

As we are coordinating with the Rusty Pelican a fabulous November wedding- we decided to eat at the restaurant.
The order was filet migon for some and salmon for others. These were good, although I did enjoy the salmon.
I suggest to go early and on a weekday-as it does get packed- even on a Wednesday. I would say 4PM. That way you get some additional attention and service- like we did.
I suggest to sit by the window to enjoy the view. We sat by the wine and the view was spectacular-
Cons to sitting there is that some people do not know how to go around-and well try and go through you to go outside.
Overall- very nice, food is good, drink are good-price is up there- and it does get packed.
If you make a reservation go an hour and half early.

Leesburg, Virginia
“Outstanding Service”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My son had a wedding ceremony and reception at the Rusty Pelican. It couldn't have been more perfect. All the arrangements were perfect and management was always in sight making sure everything worked perfectly. The food was outstanding and I cannot recommend this venue high enough for your catering event.

I've eaten in the restaurant and it is good, but this restaurant really stands out for service to events!

BTW--the view is outstanding--no better view anywhere!

• Visited June 2013
“Great lunch”
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

We had table right next to the window. We had a beautiful view of Miami! The good was great. Even the spicy hamburger was awesome. Just be ready and know the service is slow. I will go back for the food!